Verizon guy switching - needs info

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dagored, Jun 8, 2010.

1. dagored macrumors 65816

My wife and I will be moving to two new iPhones on the 24th. I have searched the internet and AT&T site, difficult to find a pricing chart. So, here are my questions:

1. Can I pre-order 2 new iphones from the Apple site?

2. If #1 is yes, can I activate a Family plan from home?

3. If #2 is yes, are these prices correct (from AT&T site)

Nation 700 FamilyTalk w/Rollover Minutes
    First two lines: $69.99/month

Simple to understand - 700 shared minutes between the 2 phones

DataPro 2GB for iPhone $25.00/month - this is per phone - correct?

Messaging 200 $5.00/month - Are these shared or is it per phone - $5 each?

I estimate $135 or $140 (messaging?) plus all the taxes and fees - right?

2. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

Not sure about numbers 1 to 2.

3:

Yes 700 minutes shared between two phones, each phone will need its own data plan.

For messaging if you get the unlimited family messaging ($30) it's shared for both phones. Otherwise you have to get the 200 or 1500 for each phone.

Plan:

-------

Then add 10 - 20 dollars in taxes and various fees.

Also keep in mind your first months bill will be 2 to 3 times as much as what you will normally pay due to the activation fees and prorated charges.

3. mac-mania macrumors member

Hey man, at&t employee here (though all opinons expressed are my own and what not). I can't really confirm the first two, though I suspect yes on both fronts because it was that way with the 3GS. I can however explain the rate plans and will do so, though you already have a pretty good understanding.

69.99 for the rate plan is as you said, 69.99 for two phones sharing 700 "anytime" minutes. (These are minutes used when you don't call an at&t customer, or after 9pm, and rollover). That actually breaks down to 60.00 for the main number and 9.99 for the secondary line, (they appear on the same bill, just get broken down for the customer to read the charges)

All features, with the exception of Unlimited Family Messaging and a few others like Early Nights and Weekends, are per phone. So 25.00 for data, 5.00 for messaging on each number. As always, data is required while any other options like GPS or Messaging are not.

That will break down to main line 85.00 or 90.00 (60 for rate plan, 25 for data, [5 for messaging]) and 34.99 or 39.99 for the second line, a grand total of 119.99 without messaging or 129.99 with messaging. Then add fees and taxes you're probably in the 140.00 range. First bill includes activation fees and a pro-rated charge depending on your billing date, so it will in all likely hood be significantly higher.

If you have any other questions about plans or service let me know.

4. dagored thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks mac-mania. Now if someone can answer the first 2 questions, I am all set for next week.

Probably have to call Apple.