Verizon hacked carrier update iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blizzardnorth, May 29, 2013.

1. blizzardnorth macrumors member

2. Tortri macrumors 6502a

Tortri

Hey thanks for the post. I applied the file and haven't seen any speed increases here in patuxent river, Maryland.

Maybe later out in town

3. chilibball macrumors member

In terms of 1X Advanced, could it theoretically enable simultaneous voice/data or HD Voice?

Probably not...

Kevin

4. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

considering doing this, however i would like to see some more feedback first.

5. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

6. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

That's because the update is pretty much snake oil.

Being "more open to an increased amount of bandwidth" means nothing if the network doesn't have the bandwidth to give. It's as effective as turning on LTE on your phone in an area not covered by LTE yet. Only with LTE there's hope you'll get it sooner or later. With 1x advanced and EVDO-B, it's never, ever going to happen.

But, it's unlikely the hacked update will hurt antyhing either, so if you want to waste your time or are susceptible to placebos, then have at it.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

LMAO:D Sure:D

8. Apollo 13, May 30, 2013
    Last edited: May 30, 2013

Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

Not snake oil for me it actually worked. Took me a while to understand the instructions since I didn't know where to press the shift key. I use to get anywhere from 4.5-10Mbps and now it's 7-16Mbps. I noticed my Ping isn't in the 100's anymore and I get anywhere from 57-61 now.

*EDIT* I just changed my server settings and now I get 15-23+Mbps every time now.

9. chilibball macrumors member

I just applied this to my Verizon iPhone 5 a few minutes ago and will post back later on the (hopefully good) results.

Kevin

10. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

retract my previous post. I installed this and thought it wasnt working. Turns out it did not install and i am still on Verizon carrier version 14.2, it should be 14.1 after you install it which is odd. It seems like 90% of the people trying to install the Verizon one are having this issue if it looking like it installed, but it actually did not.

11. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Are you sure it reverts to 14.1 after the install?

12. hockeyman94 macrumors regular

It does not intact I've restored my phone multiple times after having problems doing it & still is messing up I don't recommend... Did factory restore without backup too and didn't help.