Verizon Hotspot not working got a new iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by LennyFL, Apr 27, 2012.

1. LennyFL macrumors member

Had a frustrating week in New York. I had not purchased the Verizon Cellular Data Package until last Sunday. It worked fine in the motel room however worked a total of 15 minutes Monday when I needed it. I went back to the room and it didn't work again so I took it to the Apple store in Grand Central Station.

Trip 1. It didn't work with the first greeter, then went to the Genius Bar and showed it to the first person there, It didn't work and she went and got another tech. He turned the Airplane Mode on and off a couple of times and the damn thing started working. Sorry if its working we can't do anything.

Trip 2. Didn't work again on Tuesday so back to the store. It didn't work with the first greeter, then went to the Genius Bar and showed it to the first person there, It didn't work he went to ask a question came back and it started working AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHH. Sorry if its working we can't do anything.

Trip 3. or better 2 1/2. I made another appointment for 30 minutes later. When I got back and it didn't work he did a complete OS restore and Lo and Behold it didn't work. Finally they couldn't get it to work. So I got a new iPad.

The backup they did at the Genius bar didn't take so I had to restore almost everything manually. lost a few things but didn't matter.

However Hot Spot is now working!!!

Has anyone else had spotty (get it) Hot Spot functionality.

Lenny

2. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Nope, I've never had a Hotspot problem. Did you ever check the SIM card for any of the issues? That may have been a contributing issue. I was worried when I switched the SIM of my VZW MiFi and iPad SIM. But, the Hotspot still remained. It works just as well, if not better (sometimes), than the MiFi device.