Verizon HTC Thunderbolt 4G?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Apple..., Dec 28, 2010.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

It's just an Evo 4G for Verizon done by rehashing the design of Desire HD/HD7.

...and no, there won't be 4G in the next iPhone nor would Apple be less competitive/outclassed as a result. The sooner you guys understand that, the better off you'll all be.

2. aohus macrumors 68000

i'd skip this one, and wait for the Motorola Etna to drop on Verizon. It will have dual core / tegra2 SoC.

its either the Etna or the Verizon iPhone for me. toss up. all depends on what honeycomb will look like in the flesh, and what new features/design changes will be made on the Verizon iPhone.

3. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I am sure having LTE capable phone is so important at this time with just 38 markets available...

Also, 4.3 inch is not really for me. iPhone 3.5 inch or Samsung phones 4.0 are more of my style. 4.3 is too big.

4. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

I know of a lot of people who are waiting on the Thunderbolt.

Verizon's LTE covers about as many people as AT&T's 3G did when the 3G iPhone came out.

A lot depends on the data plans. Have they revealed LTE prices yet?

5. Apple... thread starter macrumors 68020

Apple...

I guess so... ;)

If the Etna comes with Motoblur, I won't even consider it.

Yeah - 4.3" is okay, but it does seem a bit ridiculous. I think it's a very good size for people with large hands, but I'll often see Verizon reps with the Droid X sticking straight out of their pockets. To me, that doesn't look cool. Friends of mine who actually own the X fit good with it.

Hoping they will soon! :cool:

6. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

I think it looks cool and the idea of basically just bringing an Evo to Verizon doesn't sound like a bad move to me.

But I must admit, if I were in the market for an Android based Verizon phone I'd probably wait to see if the Nexus S or some other less carrier screwed version of the Galaxy S ended up on the big Vz. I'm really diggin the 4" S-AMOLED screen on my in-law's Samsung Focus. Man those blacks are black!

Now if only they could double the number of pixels in both directions...:D

7. thetexan macrumors 6502a

I'd wait for a dual-core phone, which should be coming out by March. Apparently these new chips dramatically increase the battery life while also increasing performance.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

What is it with all these ridiculous names?
    Thunderbolt, Incredible, Captivate, Fascinate, Vortex...

9. Apple... thread starter macrumors 68020

Apple...

That's what we're all hoping for... ;)

Beats me! :D

10. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Better than iPhone, iPad, iDunno, iFail, iCantamkeacall, iHavenocluewhattotypenext....

:p

11. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

I agree. I think 4.3" is a bit over the top IMO. We're talking about mobile phones here. My brother has an EVO, and I don't have the biggest hands, but when it held it compared to my iPhone 4, it was huge. I know some people want the iPhone to have a bigger screen, but I really hope Apple sticks with the 3.5" size since it's perfect for me.

12. Apple... thread starter macrumors 68020

Apple...

I totally disagree with that statement. If you were trying to be funny, it didn't work. All the 'i' names have become very iconic in our culture - and to keep the sides balanced - Droid is iconic too. ;)

13. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Made me chuckle and I'm all that matters. ;)

14. NYDiplomat macrumors regular

This sums it up.

15. skillz1318 macrumors regular

I'm a huge apple fanboy and bought the first iPhone, iPhone 3G, and iPhone 4 on launch days. I also use a MBP at home.

I am considering moving to Android however...either the Nexus S if it moves to ATT or the Thunderbolt or a new dual core phone when released in Winter/Spring 2011.

The iPhone 4 is amazing, but the OS just feels old to me and I think it's more of wanting a change than not loving the phone. I can only compare it to getting a new car every 3 years...it's not that I don't love my cars, but I get tired of them. Although the iPhone 4 is much better than the first iPhone in a way it still feels like the same phone to me.

On the fence, but with every new Android phone released I keep leaning towards the "dark side".

16. Apple... thread starter macrumors 68020

Apple...

^ Whatever suites you best! (although I expect a return, as most do) ;)

17. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I dont know if those are better names or worst.
    Hey where did I leave my Thunderbolt? :D You want to see my Incredible:D
    They sound dorky IMO.

18. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

You'll likely be back. I am/was in the same situation, i first tried out Android 1.6 on an HTC Hero but felt Android was still in it's infancy with too many parts lacking so i came back to iOS.

Recently i've been using a Nexus One and whilst Android has really matured since then to become a very capable OS, filling in a lot of the missing parts, iOS still edges it in terms of overall experience (in my opinion) mostly because iOS hasn't really been standing still either in it's growth and Android still lacks in one major area...UI/UX

I really really liked the Nexus and could see myself using it as a daily driver IF iPhone 4 didn't exist...but it does, and is overall a better device, running what is an even more matured version of iOS.

Which is why i shall be relegating the Nexus and picking up my iPhone again...until the next itch to try something else comes.

19. Apple... thread starter macrumors 68020

Apple...

^ Windows Phone 7, perhaps? :D Dunno, I think it looks cool (probably because they're not trying to copy Apple). It's Windows Phone 7 and WebOS that impress me. They're trying to be unique...

20. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Hahaha. Once it get's the next major update that includes copy/past and multitasking, and there are device not using the Adreno 200 GPU (ancient) to run it...then why not.

I already have a webOS device so i'm just sitting tight for that webOS 2.0 update.

21. Apple... thread starter macrumors 68020

Apple...

Edit: Duplicate post.

22. Apple... thread starter macrumors 68020

Apple...

Which one? I would love to buy the Pre 2 (unlocked), but I can't afford it right now.

23. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Pre Plus. I wasn't gonna buy what is essentially a stop-gap device with minimal change in specs for £400.