Verizon iBooks fix??

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by cjddrum1, Mar 8, 2011.

1. cjddrum1 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

Is there a fix for the iBooks block on jb Verizon phones yet??

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The latest GP and pwnage tool jailbreaks include a fix for iBooks.

3. cjddrum1 thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

It doesn't fix it on the Verizon iPhone :(

4. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

I actually own a Verizon iphone and can tell you the latest greenpois0n does NOT fix the ibooks problem.

If you look on Cydia for iBooks Fix, it states it does not work on Verizon phones.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sorry, I thought it did.
    I guess it does for the gsm iPhones though.

6. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

I'm pretty sure it actually does.

The patch in Cydia says it doesn't work with Verizon iPhone, but I have a Verizon iPhone jailbroken with the latest GP (rc6_1) and my Winnie the Pooh book loads just fine. Although I don't have any other DRM'd iBooks, they talk about the free Winnie the Pooh book as an example for not loading if this is actually a problem.

I don't know what the differences are in versions, but I have rc6_final and rc6_1 in my downloads folder, and the rc6_1 is the later one.

7. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

The ibooks fix on Cydia won't install for me. I get nothing but the half installed package error.

8. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Sorry, should have clarified. I don't think the package installed via Cydia works, but the jailbreak patch might? Again, maybe the Winnie the Pooh book isn't a good example and I haven't bought any other DRMd books.

In a worst case scenario, you can just rerun with the latest GP and see if you have any luck that way.

9. cjddrum1 thread starter macrumors regular

My free books load fine but my drm book does not work

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly, that's what I thought also.
    The latest GP JB should fix that issue.
    Not sure about a cydia patch but you might either have to restore and rejailbreak or run the latest GP over your current JB and give it a shot.

11. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Running the latest gp over a previously jailbroken verizon phone didn't work for me.

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That sucks bro.
    At least we tried:)

13. iPad 2nd Gen macrumors regular

Typical Applejuiced saying only what he THINKS is right with no other basis.

14. atr macrumors regular

I jailbroke my Verizon iPhone two days ago using "PwnageTool_4.2.dmg" from the Dev Team website along with a 4.2.6 IPSW and everything works fine. I have a number of books loaded in iBooks and all of them show up fine, all were purchased in the app bookstore.

I tried jailbreaking with GP first and iBooks did not work, so I did a full restore back to factory and then used Pwnage.