Carrier Verizon in-store stock

KisakiSama

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
St. Louis, MO, USA
I apologize if this has been asked before; I did a search and didn't come up with much.

Has anyone had luck in the past picking up the new iPhone at launch in a Verizon store? Due to my bank and Verizon not playing nice, my launch day preorder had to be cancelled and a new order made for October 9th shipment. If there's a chance I could just pick on up in store Friday, I'd rather do that, but I wanted to see if anyone has succeeded in the past. Thanks!

boxermansr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011
El Paso, TX
I apologize if this has been asked before; I did a search and didn't come up with much.

Has anyone had luck in the past picking up the new iPhone at launch in a Verizon store? Due to my bank and Verizon not playing nice, my launch day preorder had to be cancelled and a new order made for October 9th shipment. If there's a chance I could just pick on up in store Friday, I'd rather do that, but I wanted to see if anyone has succeeded in the past. Thanks!
Depends on size and color. The two times I've tried ended up being a waste of time, as they only got a handful of each color/size and one store only got 5 devices total. This was about 3 years ago, and the year prior. First time I got there 2 hours early and there were 5 people in front of me, and I ended up having to get a different color/size than I wanted, and the 2nd time I tried, again about 2 hours before opening, there were 6 people, and the guy came out and told us that they only got a small amount of phones but that everyone that was there would get one (by this time there were about 10 of us), and it turned out he was wrong -- two people ahead of me left, and I ended up leaving too as all they had was gold and I didn't want gold.

KisakiSama

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
St. Louis, MO, USA
Depends on size and color. The two times I've tried ended up being a waste of time, as they only got a handful of each color/size and one store only got 5 devices total. This was about 3 years ago, and the year prior. First time I got there 2 hours early and there were 5 people in front of me, and I ended up having to get a different color/size than I wanted, and the 2nd time I tried, again about 2 hours before opening, there were 6 people, and the guy came out and told us that they only got a small amount of phones but that everyone that was there would get one (by this time there were about 10 of us), and it turned out he was wrong -- two people ahead of me left, and I ended up leaving too as all they had was gold and I didn't want gold.
I thought that might be the case. Thanks for the reply!

BoricuaHec01

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
Chicago, IL
I've been shut down two years in a roll from the iPhone I wanted (iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone X), and I was #1 in line. Never will I do that again. October 9th is nothing, be patient, may even come sooner. And Verizon reps will never tell you what stock they'll have the night before.

Reactions: KisakiSama

Packers1958

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2017
South Dakota
I avoid the verizon store like the plague. The reps are so annoying. Always trying to sell you stuff you don't need. What should take 5 minutes, ends up taking 15 minutes or more. Just sell me the phone and let me go. I don't want your insurance, I dont want your cases, I don't want to change my plan, I don't want a screen protector, etc.

PlainEnvelopes

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2018
You would have better luck walking into an Apple store. If that is possible. The local verizon stores around me had to order phones a couple months ago for my sister and that phone had been out for 9 months.