Verizon Insurance

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by haticK, Oct 6, 2011.

1. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

Is it pointless to get Verizon's phone insurance if I plan on getting Apple Care+? Not sure what the difference is or if it's even needed at all since Apple does all repairs/replacements.

2. echo2011 macrumors regular

I think it's pointless, applecare will cover you just fine.

3. mlmwalt macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BlackBerry; Opera Mini/6.24209/26.958; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/10.54)

The major difference is that the Verizon insurance covers loss/theft.

4. registerusername macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

i was thinking the same, should I get apple care instead?

5. haticK thread starter macrumors 6502a

haticK

So then Wireless Phone Protection would be worth getting for lost/stolen but the Total Equipment Coverage wouldn't be since the extra 1 year warranty is just for replacements which would be worthless, correct?

6. mlmwalt macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BlackBerry; Opera Mini/6.24209/26.958; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/10.54)

I'd like to get the apple care+, as I haven't lost or had a phone stolen in over 10 years. But can you order it when pre-ordering from Verizon?

7. haticK thread starter macrumors 6502a

haticK

Just asked on Verizon's website:
    Austin: You can get it through us - we offer protection plans on the devices

8. stoppard macrumors member

My experience talking to both verizon sales reps on the phone and in chat says otherwise. They both told me that the only damage protection that verizon will sell (and the preorder of the iphone 4 8GB agrees with this) is the Assurion one that they offer you and that in order to get Apple's damage protection you will have to deal directly with Apple(note this is different than Sprint). Did you ask specifically about applecare+ and make sure that he wasn't talking about the monthly charge insurance that verizon sells?

After some discussion with verizon reps we concluded that the only way for me to get what I want(Iphone 4S with Applecare+ as a new line on a family plan) without physically going to the Apple store on launch date was to first add a line with an old phone to my family plan (adding a new person with an Iphone 4s) and then tonight upgrade that new line to an iphone 4s.

9. haticK thread starter macrumors 6502a

haticK

I asked specifically about being able to order AppleCare+ from Verizon's website when pre-ordering the iPhone 4S or if I would have to order from Apple's website instead.

10. FJB macrumors newbie

Applecare

I've heard both…immediate purchase with phone-only, and 14days. Any clarity?

11. dbenfer macrumors newbie

any more info on this?

applecare + is not showing up on apple's website as "add to cart"

12. echo2011 macrumors regular