Verizon iPad 2 3G

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TheBaconKing, Mar 4, 2011.

1. TheBaconKing macrumors regular

TheBaconKing

Does anyone know if they will have the same data prices. Also will it be just as easy as AT&T when it comes to activating and canceling it or will it require a subscription like the Xoom?

Prior to about an hour ago I was dead set on getting the Wifi 64 GB iPad 2 because AT&T service is pretty hit or miss in my area with many dead spots, even on the highway.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

This begs the question about using the iPad on the highway.

As for dead spots, just be sure that VZW has that area covered. For me where I live, if AT&T has little to know coverage, so does Verizon.

3. poloponies macrumors 68030

Our son's college is a 5-hour drive from our home and my wife passes the time as a passenger on her iPad (the fact that she passes a lot of that time shopping makes the 3G a very expensive option indeed).

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Ok that makes sense ;)

I thought you were looking to use it while driving :eek:

5. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

6. Fearsys macrumors member

I had the Xoom for a few days on verizon's 3g network and it was a month to month service as stated above. I returned the Xoom and cancelled my data plan 2 days later w/out penalty.

I live in an area where i have a verizon tower and a at&t tower. I also get a 8% discount from verizon and a 18% discount from at&t.

I am trying to decide if i want verizon or at&t.