Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

csnplt

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2008
Chicago Area
They're not in stock. I just called Macmall only to hear that they'll be shipping in 3 to 4 weeks, same as anywhere else.

xciteboy

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2006
Thanks for posting!

I wasn't planning to get a 3G version because I never used the 3G in my iPad1. But paying a little more now to avoid lines/getting to work later, and shipping waits is worth it to me. Hopefully adds a little bit to resale value also.

64GB white, shipped overnight

xciteboy

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2006
I was real specific. Had to be 64GB, had to be white, had to ship overnight. When I ordered by phone the website was still showing availability. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

If they screw up and backorder me, I'll just cancel it. If they screw up and send me an iPad1, it's going back and I'll dispute the shipping charge via CC company- would be pretty difficult to defend shipping a 'white' iPad1. :)

legallegend

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2011
I just spoke to them and clearly asked if they would be shipped immediately and she said 2 to 3 weeks.

Dr99

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2011
I just ordered a 32gb Verizon. She looked it up, and was surprised it was there. Haven't gotten my confirmation yet, but looks promising.

Edit/update: I got my confirmation and they ordered me a 64gb. Called back and canceled as they don't have 32gb in stock.

Last edited:

ldobson

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2009
Also called and spoke to a supervisor. ALL models can be ordered now but will ship in 2 to three weeks, if you were told otherwise I would recommend calling and talking to a supervisor.

mfreetofly

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2011
Guaranteed tomorrow delivery

I just got off the phone and ordered a 64GB Black Verizon Wireless Ipad 2 and he guaranteed me delivery tomorrow. This was at 1:04pm EST time on 3/14/11.

Cutwolf

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2010
I just called and spoke to a different person who confirmed my order was in stock and that I'll be receiving it tomorrow. He double checked it's availability, and then released my order (it was showing as on hold). Then reiterated I'll get it tomorrow morning.

legallegend

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2011
My order was confirmed for delivery tomorrow. We'll see.

What is the difference betweening being from Apple and buying from MacMall?

I bought one from Apple Friday, but the only color our store got in 3G was white and I do not like it. Rather than wait and continue to waste time calling Apple I went ahead and ordered one from MacMall.

cathexist

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2011
My order was confirmed for delivery tomorrow. We'll see.

What is the difference betweening being from Apple and buying from MacMall?

I bought one from Apple Friday, but the only color our store got in 3G was white and I do not like it. Rather than wait and continue to waste time calling Apple I went ahead and ordered one from MacMall.

My order was also confirmed for delivery tomorrow...we'll see what happens.

Black 64gb with Verizon...would have preferred AT&T honestly, but I don't be using the data THAT much, I mostly wanted the GPS chip in there.

EDIT: ...and my order now is now available on the order status page and has the details, no tracking yet obviously...but she said tomorrow.

Last edited:

patrickpkt

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2011
I just called and ordered what is, apparently, the last black 64GB Verizon model. The rep I spoke to said there were two white 64s as well. No tax for me, and $25 overnight shipping (or $18 for two day).

Thanks for the heads up!

ATHmathieu

macrumors regular
Original poster
I just called and ordered what is, apparently, the last black 64GB Verizon model. The rep I spoke to said there were two white 64s as well. No tax for me, and $25 overnight shipping (or $18 for two day).

Thanks for the heads up!

Just glad to share the deal with others as I know many are unnecessarily sitting around waiting because Apple always likes to make their customers bust.

ewhite

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2009
64GB Verizon 3G in stock, confirmed, Black. I just called a bit ago and was tempted but I have no need for that much storage.

Hope this helps someone else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.