VERIZON ipad 3 on ATT mobile share

Discussion in 'iPad' started by djmodifyd, Oct 27, 2012.

1. djmodifyd macrumors regular

hey all have a question.

I'm too lazy to type out all of the numbers...but it would be cheaper for me to use my ipad on my att mobile share plan with our 2 iphones, rather than paying the prepaid on the ipad every month.

question is...is using a verizon ipad on att still doable? Can I just go into the store and get a new att sim from them and do it, or would it not be very easy?

I know i could only use "4g" on the ipad on atts network, and not LTE, but that would be ok.

Any input?

Thanks

2. aneftp macrumors 68040

Yes. All Verizon iPads are unlocked for GSM (including att). U just need activated att microsim to put in iPad. U are limited to hspa plus speeds and won't have LTE data speeds.

Costs u $10 to add per month on mobile share

3. djmodifyd thread starter macrumors regular

Is there anything I need to do on the iPad? Or just pop in the sim and it will work? I searched but can't find the info.

4. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

You just need to inset an ATT activated sim. That is all.

5. vince. macrumors newbie

whoa - good to know! I bought the verizon iPad3 because they were the only ones offering LTE in my area, but my phones are all AT&T.

Being that I RARELY use the data on my iPad3, I'd rather pay $10 to use the pooled data when needed than spend $20 on 2GB of which I only use 600MB maybe every other month...

6. djmodifyd thread starter macrumors regular

I remember something about having to change the APN settings on my ipad?

Is that not the case any longer, or do I still need to do that?

Thanks

7. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

I don't think it will work with a mobile share plan since AT&T will need to activate the Verizon tablet onto your AT&T mobile share plan plus charge the $36.00 activation charge.

It will work with a pre-paid plan as long as you sign up the SIM on another AT&T iPad.

8. aneftp macrumors 68040

If you have a FAN discount. Most "new activation" $36 fees can be waived.

Yeah it's kinda of screwy of att to charge the $36 tablet mobile share activation fee.

9. djmodifyd thread starter macrumors regular

For those of you that are interested. It works.

Now sharing 10 gigs a month, added Verizon ipad to AT&T mobile share. 4g is almost as fast as Verizon lte