iPad Verizon iPad Air - Unlocked?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Previse, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Previse macrumors member

are they unlocked? If i buy a verizon one can i pop a Tmo sim in it? I'd rather the verizon one as where i live verizon has better service but the 200mb free is nice

2. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Well, the "original" VZW Mini was and the last VZW iPad was so this shouldn't be any different but obviously no one will know until they have it and try it on another carrier.

3. isephmusic macrumors 6502

new iPad air works on any cellular network. just pop in a sim from whatever carrier ur using and it even updates the APN for you. doesn't get any easier

4. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

Best thing apple did was make just one LTE model, can't wait to take this baby overseas next month

5. meagain macrumors 68030

Then why does apple make u choose a carrier? Also says the one chosen will only run on that network.

If any sim will work in it, why is the apple store requiring you to choose the carrier?

6. wilycoder macrumors 6502

Because it will come with a SIM preinstalled. Which carrier's sim card comes preinstalled? The one you picked!

7. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

+1. Simplifies Apple's production (only one model) and offers wide carrier compatibility for consumers. The only downside is to the carriers as now, consumers can easily switch between carriers. :)