Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Previse

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
are they unlocked? If i buy a verizon one can i pop a Tmo sim in it? I'd rather the verizon one as where i live verizon has better service but the 200mb free is nice

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
Well, the "original" VZW Mini was and the last VZW iPad was so this shouldn't be any different but obviously no one will know until they have it and try it on another carrier.

isephmusic

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2012
Well, the "original" VZW Mini was and the last VZW iPad was so this shouldn't be any different but obviously no one will know until they have it and try it on another carrier.

new iPad air works on any cellular network. just pop in a sim from whatever carrier ur using and it even updates the APN for you. doesn't get any easier

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
Best thing apple did was make just one LTE model, can't wait to take this baby overseas next month

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
Then why does apple make u choose a carrier? Also says the one chosen will only run on that network.

If any sim will work in it, why is the apple store requiring you to choose the carrier?

wilycoder

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2008
Then why does apple make u choose a carrier? Also says the one chosen will only run on that network.

If any sim will work in it, why is the apple store requiring you to choose the carrier?

Because it will come with a SIM preinstalled. Which carrier's sim card comes preinstalled? The one you picked!

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Best thing apple did was make just one LTE model, can't wait to take this baby overseas next month
+1. Simplifies Apple's production (only one model) and offers wide carrier compatibility for consumers. The only downside is to the carriers as now, consumers can easily switch between carriers. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.