Verizon iPad data plan

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Xscapes, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Xscapes macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I checked the Verizon website about the new iPad data plan. It doesn't show the $20 1GB one, but Apple show it on their. Which to believe?

2. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

Verizon didn't show it for the iPad 2 either. The ones they show on their website are month to month "postpaid" plans. You get a bill every month for the service.

The 1GB $20 plan is available from the device itself and it is a "prepaid" plan. You plug in a credit card, verizon gift card, or verizon prepaid card. Sure it will set you up for auto renew but you can cancel anytime.

Speculation as to why it isn't listed on the web? A) it's less revenue for them, b) it is more easily cancelled and c) they don't hit you for a $35 activation fee on the 1GB plan. So the bottom line is less money in their pocket so they don't advertise it.

This is how it worked for 3G data on the iPad 2. It may be different for LTE, but hopefully not.

3. patricem macrumors 6502

patricem

Do the bigger plans make you pay the activation fee each time? I ordered the ATT model but am looking for reasons to keep it instead of switching to Verizon.

4. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

There are no activation fees (or cancellation fees) from either provider when you are on their pre-paid plan which 99.999% are with tablets.

5. astral125 macrumors 6502

I asked two different Verizon reps about that. One said the plan is not available, and one said that it is available. :mad:

6. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

It is. Don't worry. I think. :)

7. Xscapes thread starter macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I heard Verizon included mobile hotspot thats why i chose them. Hope its included in all plan.