Verizon iPad/iPhone Users/Customers Please Help

hondaivtec2007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2011
Pa
I have a question for you guys. I bought an iPad 2 last year on launch date and when I singed up for 3G I had to enter all my info (billing,address,credit card info) to be billed for 3G pay as u go. When I wanted 3G on ipad2 I went to cell data on iPad and paid if I wanted to cancel I just did the same thing. So now iPad 3 launch date went to Verizon the sales guy insisted on singing me up for 4g LTE I said I would do it when my current plan ended on iPad 2. He said if you do it today he would credit my account $50.00 so I said sure let's do it since it would pay for itself on the first month plus I would make $20.00. My current iPad 2 data plan ended in 6 days anyway. Ok now he singed me up and said your all good to go and I didn't enter my credit card or billing info. He said That 4G LTE is different and that i would be billed to my phone account but it is still pay as u go. When I don't want LTE just suspend my service without billing. I log into my Verizon and I now see my 4 cell phones and my iPad 3. So my questions are
1. My iPad says I can upgrade at discounted price even know i just go it yesterday can I switch that to a phone line and still have the iPad pay as u go?
(seams like a loop hole to get another upgrade)
2. He said 4G LTE is different and I can't do add/cancel data on the ipad3 like ipad2 3G if I wanted to cancel/activate I had to call Verizon (which is a pain) or do it through my Verizon. Is that true I can't put in my cc info under cell data on
3. Did anybody leave Verizon without singing up for data then sing up at home?

Hope you guys understand what I am saying I know it went on and on but just trying to gave as much info as I can. Appreciate any and all feedback Thanks

bidwalj

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2007
I have a question for you guys. I bought an iPad 2 last year on launch date and when I singed up for 3G I had to enter all my info (billing,address,credit card info) to be billed for 3G pay as u go. When I wanted 3G on ipad2 I went to cell data on iPad and paid if I wanted to cancel I just did the same thing. So now iPad 3 launch date went to Verizon the sales guy insisted on singing me up for 4g LTE I said I would do it when my current plan ended on iPad 2. He said if you do it today he would credit my account $50.00 so I said sure let's do it since it would pay for itself on the first month plus I would make $20.00. My current iPad 2 data plan ended in 6 days anyway. Ok now he singed me up and said your all good to go and I didn't enter my credit card or billing info. He said That 4G LTE is different and that i would be billed to my phone account but it is still pay as u go. When I don't want LTE just suspend my service without billing. I log into my Verizon and I now see my 4 cell phones and my iPad 3. So my questions are
1. My iPad says I can upgrade at discounted price even know i just go it yesterday can I switch that to a phone line and still have the iPad pay as u go?
(seams like a loop hole to get another upgrade)
2. He said 4G LTE is different and I can't do add/cancel data on the ipad3 like ipad2 3G if I wanted to cancel/activate I had to call Verizon (which is a pain) or do it through my Verizon. Is that true I can't put in my cc info under cell data on
3. Did anybody leave Verizon without singing up for data then sing up at home?

Hope you guys understand what I am saying I know it went on and on but just trying to gave as much info as I can. Appreciate any and all feedback Thanks
Sounds like he signed you up for post paid data and made a commission off of you. The iPad stil works the other way, where you enter your info can cancel / start service off of your iPad. That's how apple sells them.

hondaivtec2007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2011
Pa
Ya I figured they made commission it's all good since I got a 50.00 credit. Any info/insight on the eliageable for upgrade though. Can I transfer that to a phone and get discounted pricing. I never seen my iPad 2 in my Verizon now I see my iPad 3

bidwalj

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2007
You see discounted pricing because you paid full price for your iPad, without a contract. If get a discounted device on that line, you will sign a two year contract and your iPads Data will not work anymore.

You never saw it before because it was prepaid, it wasn't tied to your post paid account.