iPad Verizon ipad lte zip code activation problem

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Nodnarb76, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Nodnarb76 macrumors newbie

Just picked up my new 64 Gb verizon iPad 4 lte, when I went to activate cellular service it says "the billing address of your credit card is invalid"
    I called my card company and they do have the right zip code and address and yet when I try to complete the activation I keep getting the same message.
    Weird thing is that every time I try to get it activated, it does charge my pre-paid card a couple dollars but it won't let me get past the zip code still.

Going to take it up to verizon and see if they can help.
    Anyone else have this problem and/or a fix?

2. monaarts macrumors 65816

Maybe the problem is a pre-paid card. Why don't you use a regular credit card?

3. Nodnarb76 thread starter macrumors newbie

I was wondering about that. I don't have a credit or check card, so I just use my prepaid western union card for all my online purchases. Works all the time except for this.
    Verizon opens at 12:00 local time, curious to see what they have to say.

4. brohan711, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013

brohan711 macrumors newbie

Local Zip Code at capacity

/*Removed post due to employment*/

5. Nodnarb76 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

I'll be going to the verizon store within the next cople hours to see if they can help. I appreciate the help, if it's not working when I leave there I'll be swapping it with an at&t model from the apple store and will be posting my next post from an AT&T ipad.

6. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Do be careful because I've read that Verizon (and AT&T) like to put people on post-paid contracted service plans on their iPads when you take them in-store.

7. Nodnarb76 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well just got back from verizon and they did try to sign me up for a plan but wanted a $100 deposit, I said no way, they told me that when setting up a plan on the ipad the payment goes through Apple and I should go there. Since they could not figure out why it tells me I have the wrong zip code on my credit card (prepaid card in this case). I have a Genius Bar appointment at 3:10pm. I'll post back when I get back.

8. kodeman53 macrumors 65816

Odds are Verizon wants a deposit because you are using a prepaid card. They get picky about wanting their money, something not guaranteed with a prepaid card.

9. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Payment does not go thru Apple...

10. Nodnarb76 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well went to the Apple store, they were'nt sure what the problem was, so I ended up,swapping for a wifi 32gb, and used the difference to buy the Philips Hue lighting system which is badass!