Verizon iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Melstar, May 22, 2011.

1. Melstar macrumors newbie

Can a 3G Veriizon iPad video to an AT&T iPhone4?

2. kuwisdelu macrumors 65816

What do you mean by "video"? If you mean Facetime, then yes.

3. Melstar thread starter macrumors newbie

Verizon iPad2

thanks for the response....I just got home with my new iPad2 .....decided to go with Verizon since the AT&T iPads are few and far between....none to be had in my city....Best Buy had just gotten a few Verizon....all of my family and myself have iPhones with AT&T.....and the thought came across my mind that maybe the Facetime and sending videos could not go between different carriers.....I guess this sounds silly....but just wondering why AT&T iPads are so hard to get....more people want AT&T...so that put a question in my mind....

4. iPutz macrumors member

Doesn't FaceTime only work on wifi? If so, it shouldn't make a difference.

5. seanpholman macrumors regular

FaceTime doesn't work over cellular anyway. It only works over WiFi.

--Sean

6. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

there are differences between at&t and verizon as far as usage plans, coverage areas, and speeds. the at&t seems to be more popular with most people.

i have a wi-fi only version but i would choose verizon over at&t if i had to pick. i rarely travel overseas and my experience is that the verizon coverage in NYC is much more consistent than at&t.

7. Melstar thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, that's right....ok...I'm not to worry! Hope I like Verizon coverage around here....I'm in the south.

8. tjb1 macrumors 68000

There are tweaks in jailbreaking that will allow facetime over 3G if you desire to do so.

9. Melstar thread starter macrumors newbie

another question

Trying to sign up for the data plan with Verizon....I DO NOT have wifi at my home....so it seems that I am not able to do this or anything else without wifi. I asked the guy who sold it to me and he said I would just plug it in and sign up for the data plan....I thought he understood I had no wifi. uggggggghh