Verizon iPhone - 10 Feb in store pickup?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by possumwater, Feb 8, 2011.

1. possumwater macrumors regular

possumwater

I'm sorry if this question has been answered, I did a search and didn't find anything on it.

Q: If I stay up tomorrow night and order online, am I able to do an in store pickup? I know no one was allowed for the pre-order...but what about for this? Has anyone gotten any confirmation?

2. JohnsiPhone macrumors newbie

I know you can order online and have it sent to you. I highly suggest staking out for the night outside Verizon to get your iPhone. That way you know you will get it the day it comes out.

3. nanna24 macrumors newbie

I think if you order from Apple website you can pickup in store. If you order from Verizon website, they ship it to you. Have you checked those websites to see what information there is?

4. iFitz macrumors regular

Yes, if you order from Apple.com you can pick up in store. But just so you're clear, online orders start TONIGHT at midnight pacific (3 am eastern) not tomorrow night.

5. possumwater thread starter macrumors regular

possumwater

I have checked the site, it was yesterday tho and I checked MR before I posted. I totally slipped and thought the order was tomorrow night. Looks like imma be up late tonight :) Thanks for the info. With my work and all, it gets tough to keep up with all this crap. I'll be up late anyhow, looks like I'll just order and hope it comes in on the 10th.

6. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

MarlboroLite

For in store pick up, do we make the actually payment in the store or online?

7. possumwater thread starter macrumors regular

possumwater

I wish I could just go to an Apple store easily. Closest one is 2 hours + away. Sucks to be stationed in the middle of nowhere when you are used to living in a thriving city.

8. iFitz macrumors regular

If you order online for instore pick up, they charge your card online.

9. iFitz macrumors regular

Be sure to check early. Last week Verizon opened their store online about 15 minutes early. Apple opened about 1 minute late.

10. Matt336 macrumors newbie

I'm over 5 hours away and I'll be over 10 hours away in a couple months when I move.:(

11. saberahul macrumors 68040

Really? That can't be good. I have 2 Apple stores within a 30 mile radius but I hardly ever visit.

12. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

They did not for the iPhone 4 on AT&T. You're just making a reservation, you aren't officially purchasing it.

13. Matt336 macrumors newbie

It sucks thats for sure. I guess that's what a state population of 670,000 gets me. I make it to an Apple store about once a year.

14. iFitz macrumors regular

If it's just a reservation then it won't be charged. But I don't believe this is a reservation. I guess the question should be asked of Apple then. I know when I've purchased things online for instore pickup, my card has been charged right away. But I did not make a reservation for the iPhone 4 on AT&T, I pre-ordered for shipment.

They're not calling it a reservation this time. They say "order online and pick up instore on the 10th". That's not a reservation.

15. Stinkypalm macrumors member

Wouldn't you be ordering tomorrow morning on the east / tonight midnite in the west?

16. possumwater thread starter macrumors regular

possumwater

Ordered mine. Bummer the date is so far out. Hopefully they will surprise us and ship it earlier...if its in country!

17. jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

Ordered mine (1 32GB and 1 16GB at about 2:59AM 2/9). Said I can pick up until the end of business on 2/10...

18. patp Guest

has anyone confirmed if they will have phones in store tomorrow? i ordered tonight and my ship date is Feb 18. not really seeing the point in ordering online if the stores have them in stock.

19. possumwater thread starter macrumors regular

possumwater

Exactly. I ordered mine on Verizon and I have a far out ship date. I was hoping it would update to a better date after it went thru. Maybe it will update with a better date soon.

20. possumwater thread starter macrumors regular

possumwater

You ordered for the Apple store tho right? I don't have one nearby...

21. jimithing macrumors member

YOU DO NOT PAY IN ADVANCE FOR PICK-UP on 10TH!!

I just ordered a 16GB (was I the only one hoping they would "surprise" use "magically" and have white ones available? hah). Anyway, You put in your DL number, social security number, and address, and your old phones account number and password (whether it be T-mobile or whatever, if you want your old number). It then lets you choose which apple store to pick-up at and you get a 12:00pm pick-up time on the 10th. You do NOT however pay for it, just reserve it. Here's to hoping I didn't make a mistake buying the 16GB!?!

22. jbromer macrumors 6502a

jbromer

Correct.

23. Tojo macrumors newbie

I too reserved a phone tomorrow at the Apple Store here in Philadelphia. They told me I could pick up the phone at 12 PM. Does anyone know if you can go in at an earlier time to get it? Maybe like 11 or 11:30?

24. MacGenius1211 macrumors newbie

I reserved my phone at the Apple Store in Troy MI, I called to be sure when I could pick it up. They told me 7am is when I could pick it up. Ill be down there at 7 am when the doors open

25. Pravius macrumors regular

I will see you at somerset. :)