Verizon iPhone 4 3G problems

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bchagey, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Bchagey macrumors 6502

Forgive me if this has been posted before.

I experience 3G issues going from wifi in my house, then getting in the car and leaving..the 3G data service does NOT turn on. I usually have to power off the phone, or sometime dialing *228 and selecting option sometimes works. It's just really annoying when I really need the data service for directions or GPS service, or need to check or send an email when I'm on the go. Anyone else have this problem?

2. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Nope, in fact in certain spots in my kitchen I go into 3G -and did on my ATT iPad too. Darn metal studs in various walls!

Give apple a call and see what they suggest.

3. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Why are you looking at your phone while driving? :D

Wait, maybe that's not illegal in the States yet. :p

On a more serious note, it may be something worth contacting Verizon or Apple about.

4. flipster macrumors 6502a

Most likely due to the network...it might actually have something to do with you leaving the wifi on while trying to leave? Sometimes the phone will try to pull the signal from the router as much as it possibly can, or will constantly search for a new wifi signal.

This DID happen to me in the Boston area at first, but it must have been due to them creating new towers because since then, my service has been insanely good, like im talking 2 mbps down, .8 up, and an 80 ms ping all around, and this is very good for Verizon. Maybe their doing work in your area too?