Verizon iPhone 4 Battery Drain

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Geffen, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Geffen macrumors 6502

Lately ive noticed my Verizon iPhone 4 has been experiencing a battery drain currently i have bluetooth off, i do have wifi on since i use my wifi connection at work and my location services is on. Does the location services drain the battery since the setting is on? or are there any other services i need to turn off i would not need on?

2. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

I have bluetooth, wifi, and location services on all the time and I can get my phone to last all day. Mind you, I'm not on it hour after hour. I'll use it on my way to work, lunch time of about 20 minutes, then a bit at home. Normally I'll have about 50-70% charge left at the end of the day. My usage is basically web surfing, a few calls, and listening to music. Nothing to punishing.

Turn off your wifi and location for one day, see what the difference is.

3. Geffen thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks i'll try that. Is there an app that shows if any apps are still running after i've closed out of them? I recently added the Shazam app and it could be the culprit.

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Double tap your home button to bring your previous app up then hold your finger on one till it wiggled then hit the close button for each.

5. Geffen thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the help, i never knew you could close them out that way.