Verizon iPhone 4 Home Button Contacts

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Optimus Primes, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Optimus Primes macrumors member

Recently I had been noticing at times that sometimes I would have to tap the home button twice for screen to wake up. I thought maybe I was imagining a click the first time so I didnt think of it much but it happened again today while i was paying attention.

I then googled and found this post :

Unresponsive home button taps. Like others have implied, this appears (to me) to be a hardware issue that I can reproduce. Looking at the home button like a clock face, if I take a fingernail and press at the 12:00 and 6:00 positions on the very edge of the button, I get failures more often than successes. Note that this is not true for the 9/3 o'clock positions, they appear to make contact.

here : http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2595841&start=60&tstart=0

Is this normal with every iPhone? Does your exhibit the same behaviour? If not, I am considering asking for a new device (this one also has sort of a loose silent switch)

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Its an iPhone hardware issue that is not specific to it being on the Verizon network, and it has been talked about before and yes it is an issue (to some) and the Genius will replace it for you if you can replicate the issue in the store.

3. Optimus Primes thread starter macrumors member

I'm just curious if it's on all iPhones or just some. I don't care about the silent switch. Just curious about the home button.

4. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

AHHH!!!! thank you my friend, you have just given me the ability to exchange...I just taught myself to replicate this

5. Macvy Ricky macrumors member

I have the same issue.

It is my guess that this is an issue/mechanical structure on almost all iPhones but do let me know if the replacement doesn't have this problem.

6. Optimus Primes thread starter macrumors member

Would anyone else like to contribute their fascinating findings? :)