Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greens601

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2011
I picked up the V-iP on Feb. 3rd. All went well with setups, synching, transfers, etc. I have been very satisfied with the phone until this week. For some reason, the internet or email could not be accessed. Each function that required web access froze up with the spinning status symbol showing and the battery drained rapidly in standby throughout the day (even though all apps were closed), more so than it ever had since owning it.

This has happen to me the last 4 days, When I power down the phone and
and power back up, all web access (and accumulated emails) returns

At this point I am beginning to become concerned. Is this a lemon that I have or has anyone else experienced this? I think that it is unreasonable to constantly have to 'reboot' the phone for dropped internet access.

I have updated my roaming privileges (via *228).

Anyone have any suggestions besides bringing it to apple?

greens601

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2011
First off, try restoring it. If the problem persists... take it back to Apple.. You'll get a free replacement (most likely).

Resetting it sucks, only because I will have to bring my phone down to IT because of my exchange server. Lets see what happens

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.