Verizon iphone 4 on a discounted plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Geffen, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Geffen macrumors 6502

I receive a discount on my Verizon plan through my work and wanted to know if I would run into any problems making the pre order purchase on Feb 3rd?

2. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

I doubt it, if you're existing customer with a myverizon online account...then you're fine. They're not going to pull any strings or make it difficult at all. Should be a pretty painless experience.

3. MarximusMG macrumors 6502a

MarximusMG

I receive a 22% discount from my work as well. There won't be any issues tomorrow night, I'm sure.

4. Jcloud8 macrumors member

do we get an extra 22% off the phone?

5. KINetics macrumors member

no

10char

6. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

Those discounts only apply to billing plans and accessories, I believe... not phones.

7. Geffen thread starter macrumors 6502

The iphone 4 would not be discounted, I still have to pay the $199 pricing to upgrade to the iphone 4. I only receive the discount on my Verizon plan itself.

8. Orion126 macrumors regular

My GF get's a 17% (I think) discount through her job. Does that include data, minutes, and text or just data and minutes like ATT?

9. juliainor macrumors member

It varies depending on her company's exact agreement with Verizon, but my company's seems to be pretty standard - we get 22% off the main plan (in my case a family $89.99/mo family plan), and the data package on the main line. We also get that discount on text packages for the main line, or we have an "exclusive" cheap text option - 750 for $5, which is enough for me. We do not get a discount on the $9.99 additional lines, or their data or text plans.

We also get 25% off accessories, but no additional discounts on phones.