Verizon iPhone 4 Q's

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by StarbucksSam, Mar 2, 2011.

1. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

1. Did Apple manage to fix the proximity sensor issues that plagued many iPhone 4 AT&T users, causing the screen to turn on when you were talking on it?

2. Is texting limited to the 160 characters the Verizon network allows or can you send longer ones? Don't want a "Blackberry situation".

Thanks!

2. Aduntu macrumors 6502a

Aduntu

Not sure if the proimity sensor has been fixed, but I haven't noticed an issue.

You aren't limited to 160 characters in your text messages. You can go well over that (one of the many things I hated about my Blackberry).

3. nora47 macrumors regular

well i could be wrong but i think hes referring to sending a massive text as one to a person, that is still happening just dont notice it on the iphone as it doesnt stop you typing, just sends it out as multiple text messages.

4. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

Yes, that was fixed.... On 4.1, I think.

As nora 47 said, texts longer than 160 characters are broken into multiple texts, and is seamless on the sending end.

5. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

may i ask what the "BlackBerry situation" you're referring to, OP? i bought a BB a couple weeks back for Verizon and i've only sent a couple texts over 160 characters to friends with Verizon but i don't know what you're talking about, 160+ character texts to non-Verizon customers i'm assuming?

6. StarbucksSam thread starter macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

If I remember right, which doesn't always happen, my Blackberry limited me to 160 characters on SMS - it wouldn't break them up the way I wish it would have.

7. rlav macrumors member

This is only true if you are sending to a non-verizon phone. If sending to a verizon phone they will be seamless on both ends. This works just like the verizon feature phones worked. (never used a blackberry)