Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TXAGS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2011
College Station, TX
Have the Verizon iPhone 4 for few weeks.. love it!! very fun to play with. Now we all know iPhone 5 is coming...of course want to have it too...

Please help me to decide:

1. Sell my iPhone 4 now and use a cheap phone for a few weeks.... and wait for the iPhone 5... anyone know what is the market price for verizon iPhone 4?

2. Wait until iPhone 5 comes out and sell iPhone 4. Just worry that the price will drop significantly after iPhone 5 is officially announced...

Please help!!

Epic Xbox Revie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
Washington, D.C.
If you are getting the iPhone 5 regardless of what it is, you can afford to lose the money on the resale. Plus you get to keep using the iPhone 4 for several weeks. (3+) So, keep it and sell it AFTER you get the new one. Enjoy.

tomtom101

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2011
I just got one for my son from Verizon, $149 then you get a $100 Verizon giftcard for trading in your old phone.

Your lucky son! Wish my parent would take pity on me and buy me a new phone - I dont even know how I'm going to explain my new iPhone 5 to then... eek!!

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I'm in the process of selling my ATT iPhone 4 now.

I figured I should do it now since I have a 3GS I can use in the meantime anyway. I won't be missing iOS too much, though the experience may be a bit slower.

cyks

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2002
Westchester County, NY
How can and why should we make up your mind for you? You already know the options, decide for yourself.

If you want to know the current price of a Verizon phone, take a minute and check out eBay or the Craigslist in your area.

If you wait until the iPhone 5 is announced or, worse, released, the price of your 4 will certainly drop a bit... but considering that a 3GS can still be sold for a decent amount, it's hard to say how much of a hit the 4 will take.

What's more important to you - using your iPhone for the next few weeks/ months or making a few extra dollars now?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.