Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

celavato

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
After 4+ long years I switched from AT&T to Verizon with my new iPhone 4S 64 GB only to find that 3G often drops to that little "o" with virtually no data service. Anyone else having this issue in Manhattan? :confused:

Colgin

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2010
After 4+ long years I switched from AT&T to Verizon with my new iPhone 4S 64 GB only to find that 3G often drops to that little "o" with virtually no data service. Anyone else having this issue in Manhattan? :confused:

THat usually only happens to me in laces where I don't expect to have data (e.g., elevators; basements) and where I typically did not have data with ATT either. Otherwise, I am having much better data coverage in Manhattan since I switched to Verizon (hated giving up unlimited data though). While downloads are slower, pages actually render faster due to lower pings. (Of course, not a completely fair compairson to my old 3GS due to different chips and RAM).

It goes without saying tht phone coverage is much better. I couldn't get through a day without multiple dropped calls or calls that would not go through. I am not sure I have dropped a single call since getting the Verizn Iphone.

celavato

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 6, 2005
It goes without saying tht phone coverage is much better. I couldn't get through a day without multiple dropped calls or calls that would not go through. I am not sure I have dropped a single call since getting the Verizn Iphone.

Good for you. My bandwidth has improved a bit but speeds remain sub-normal (e.g., 0.4 Mbps down/0.2 Mbps up). I called Verizon, which has received a growing number of reports from iPhone 4S users in lower Manhattan. The representative doubts it's a hardware issue (iPhone hardware that is), but rather a Verizon issue. She created a ticket, but I haven't heard back yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.