Verizon iPhone 4S pre-order question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Steelers7510, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Steelers7510 macrumors 6502

Steelers7510

Well I was luck enough to be able to upgrade two of the lines on my account to the brand new iPhone 4S last night via Verizon's website. I received my order confirmation email within minutes so I'm very happy about that, here is my issue. When I click on the "Check Order Status" link in the email and enter my order number I get this message "We have experienced technical difficulty while processing your order. Please contact Us." I don't know if I'm getting this message because I'm extremely anal and already checking my order status and not giving them a chance, or if there really is something else wrong. Is anyone else having this issue?

2. amdmaxx macrumors member

Did they ask you to pick a new data plan (2/5/10 GB)?
    I tried to upgrade but they asked me to pick a new data plan. I said Heck no.. I am on unlimited now and should have been grandfathered in..

You might want to call VZ and confirm your order..

3. Thadon macrumors member

My order status says this also. I might give them a call today just to double check.

4. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

Give it a day.

I ordered from Verizon as well. Im trying to check my order status, For some reason My order number isn't working…

idk :p

5. Steelers7510 thread starter macrumors 6502

Steelers7510

Well I had a fairly complicated order. I was upgrading two lines at the same time and one of them i had to transfer the upgrade eligibility from another line. Maybe that has something to do with it? But to answer your question no I was able to keep my unlimited data. I emailed there customer service already because I don't feel like waiting on hold all day today.

6. naples09 macrumors member

You need to use the pre-order number in your email, not the order number.

7. newmacuser14 macrumors member

Mine says the same thing, dont worry about it. I called to see if there was an issue and the Verizon employee said it looks fine on his end, that it states that mine will ship next week. I bet all or more orders have the same message, so dont worry about it.

8. Steelers7510 thread starter macrumors 6502

Steelers7510

AH HA you sir are correct. However, now it says my ship date is the 14th... I ordered at 2:59am I was definitely in the front of the pack. I hope that means expected delivery date...

9. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

Here's what mine says.

[​IMG]

Holy moly. Small! Zoom in! It says my order has been received.

10. naples09 macrumors member

It "should" arrive on the 14th. I ordered my wife's 4 from verizon in Feb and it arrived on launch day. Don't worry...and its just a phone! ;)

11. Steelers7510 thread starter macrumors 6502

Steelers7510

Haha yeah I know I've just gotten caught up in the new iPhone euphoria. :D

12. Tomasimo macrumors newbie

Tomasimo

Thanks naples09 - you were right. When I tried more preorder number not my order number I got:

Here is the status of your Pre-order:
    We received your order and it is in process. Expected Ship Date: 10/14/2011

I also called Verizon earlier today and they confirmed over the phone.

:apple::D:apple: