Verizon iPhone 4s to Tmobile?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ds705, Feb 26, 2014.

1. ds705 macrumors member

My family is most likely switching to Tmobile some time this week and I'm wondering if its possible to bring my phone over if I can unlock it. My mom doesn't want to buy a new phone but wants a smartphone so I figured she would be able to use mine. Also does Verizon do unlocks for customers?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No, it wont work.
    The verizon 4S is locked and wont work with any US carriers.
    Verizon can only unlock it to work with GSM carriers outside the US.

3. Ann P macrumors 68020

Unlocked Verizon 4S's will only work with carriers internationally.

4. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Do more research before switching to TMobile. Someone on here did that switch thing, and it was a nightmare. Read the fine print, make sure you're not loosing money or service. Call Verizon and see what they can do to keep you as a customer.

We bought our parents the iPhone 5c. It's tough learning curve but I think they like them. Plus all their friends have one.

5. ds705 thread starter macrumors member

Ugh well that's a shame. Thanks for the help everyone.

@Mofunk, yeah we been checking into both carriers extensively, and we're going in to talk to both tomorrow. I really loved having Verizon but they just got too expensive for us. Hopefully we can get some sort of discount with them.

6. tok macrumors member

tok

You can actually unlock that phone, but with a sim interposer like the Neter Pro. And you will need to be jailbroken. I did the same with my old Sprint iPhone 4S and it worked perfectly with TMobile and AT&T sim cards. I got mine from here

7. SoIsays macrumors regular

If you're on iOS6, you can buy a GPP sim to unlock it. I tried it before iOS7 was officially released. I was able to use my 4S on both tmobile and att gophone. gophone was alot better than tmobile in my area.

8. CEmajr macrumors 601

You'll have to sell that 4S and get a Tmobile 5C. It won't work with Tmobile. They give you like $75 for trading it in I believe.