Verizon iPhone 5, new battery from apple store, no service now

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Bugeyeblue, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Bugeyeblue macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

I was having battery issues with my iPhone 5. Took it to the apple store and they replaced the battery. It wouldn't activate in the store, and it was getting late so I left and am trying to fix the issue with Verizon over the phone.

The carrier status spot just said "searching" and never found a signal. I reset everything, restored the phone as new, connected it to iTunes... Basically nothing works and now I can't even get to the home screen. Any other suggestions? I also took out the Sim card and reinstalled it. I tried to activate it with Verizon as well, they said they couldn't figure it out. I'll take it back to apple tomorrow night if I have to, but wanted to get the phone working for tomorrow on my own if possible.

2. Bugeyeblue thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

Trying a DFU restore right now through iTunes. Didn't think about trying that last night. I'll update with results.

3. Bugeyeblue thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

DFU restore didn't work, failed to load software, got stuck on the apple logo, gave me iTunes error 1669, now phone says to connect to iTunes. Every time I do, it goes through the same process. I also tried the iTunes restore on a friend's computer. Got the same iTunes error. I made another apple store Genius Bar appointment for tonight. I'll post results unless anyone has any other suggestions.

4. Bugeyeblue thread starter macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

Apple store replaced the iPhone. I guess it was really bricked and their fault. They never said what happened to it; and I didn't question it. For a new phone, and its on iOS 6.1.4. Kind of nice to have the option of using the older OS.