Verizon iPhone 5 showing AT&T carrier

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by caylorb, Oct 4, 2014.

1. caylorb macrumors newbie

Could use a little help, unable to find an answer anywhere.

I recently sold my 32gb Verizon iPhone 5 on Ebay, the buyer is also a Verizon user. When they put their SIM in the phone, under the About settings, it's showing the carrier is AT&T. They sent me a photo showing this.

They're asking for a refund, thinking I lied on the listing.

Is there anything that can be done to help?

Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. dictoresno, Oct 5, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2014

dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

That picture clearly shows there is no SIM card inserted. And that carrier file updates when you first install a SIM card and turn the phone on. If you put a verizon SIM card in, it will download the necessary verizon carrier file. Pop the SIM card out and install an AT&T card, guess what, once connected to the att network, it will download their carrier file. The idiot buyer installed an AT&T card, has it runnin in their network and then took the SIM card out. That section of the about screen has nothing to do with the original carrier branding of the phone, just the last carrier SIM card that was inserted. The buyer is full of it. Tell him to pound sand. The phone will work on both carriers so it's a stupid argument anyways. They are trying to cheat you.

Oh and AT&T phones done have MEID numbers I don't think. That's only for CDMA phones. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. That proves its a verizon phone.

Also, that model number is a slate 32gb Verizon phone. Send that moron this link.

http://forums.appleinsider.com/a/apple-iphone-5-verizon-32gb-black-and-slate-md658ll-a

And of course, this one......icing on the cake. 5th post down.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4562090?start=0&

He's either very smart, or very stupid. Frankly, if that were me and i caught him trying to pull that crap with me, I would have no problem reporting the phone stolen.

3. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Precisely what I was going to say! Gotta play hard ball with idiots and/or scammers .

4. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

5. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

Are you military by chance?

6. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

nope. why do you ask?

7. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

Just one of the terms I picked up on I hear quite frequently.

8. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

may i ask which term. i won't deny that i am a member of a law enforcement agency.

9. Trebuin macrumors 65816

Trebuin

The term pound sand. I love that one.

10. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Hahahaha