Verizon iPhone 5s won't connect to LTE

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iamMacPerson, Jul 8, 2014.

1. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

So I'm having an issue with my 5s where it won't connect to LTE. I have tried everything, Reset Network Settings, remove/reinsert the SIM, restore via iTunes and DFU restore via iTunes with no luck. Note that both times I did the restores, I set the phone up as new and put no data back.

Are there any other troubleshooting steps I can try with my iPhone before going to Apple? I already compared it to an iPhone 5 on VZW. The 5 had LTE. My 5s just won't connect no matter where I go.

2. I7guy macrumors G5

Take it to a verizon corporate store. There may be a setup issue on your account.

3. campyguy macrumors 68030

Late in the day, my service was out in LA and during my connection in SF. Back in PDX, all is working again but just a bit spotty.

Lots out outages over the past few days, on the East Coast (probably due to the hurricane) - I'm from NY and still can't reach some relatives. SoCal has it's issues too - see http://downdetector.com/status/verizon-wireless

Attached Files:

4. iamMacPerson thread starter macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Yeah it was Verizon. Late last night LTE all of a sudden came back. I also noticed that the speeds are faster, so I think we may have gotten XLTE.

Thank you everyone for your help!!

5. mr99 macrumors 6502a