Verizon iPhone 6 Plus Release Date 10/14?!?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JG54, Sep 12, 2014.

1. JG54 macrumors newbie

I just called Verizon Business customer care about a few preorders I placed last night. One of my orders "fell off" and had to be reprocessed they said. I asked them to review the order, because my order confirmation said 9/19 delivery date originally (I got my order in at 3:02 eastern). They said it won't be delivered until 10/14. I asked why, and the rep said they were told yesterday that the iPhone 6 is being released on 9/19, but that the 6 Plus is being released on 10/14.

WHAT?! :mad:

2. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

ouch....I thought verizon got through the launch perfectly....if they push back all promised 9/19 6+ orders to 10/14 they are going to look worse than AT&T hopefully you just got a stupid rep.

3. JG54 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm debating if I should call back and see what another one says. If that's really the case, I'm seriously considering just going with the 6 and calling it a day, since they still deliver on 9/19. Between this and the "resolution scaling" and choppy animations (supposedly), not sure what to do.

4. Raftysworld macrumors 6502

I came here to post the exact same thing. Ordered at 2:01AM CDT, got a delivery date of 9/19. But my online order status now says 10/14, and a rep confirmed the first batch of pluses are going out on the 14th :eek:

5. dennisjr631 macrumors 6502

I was told the same thing and posted in another thread.

6. wxman2003 Suspended

I ordered mine at 1258 am. Status is now being processed. Based on past experiences, that means I will get it on the 19th. If your says the 14th, then that's when you will get it. It will change to being processed as you get closer to the 14th.

7. davefromca macrumors 6502

Hmm this is the first hiccups im reading from the verizon orders. I wonder if these are just the +'s? If I dont get my iphone sep 19....I cannot be held accountable for my actions.

8. Raftysworld macrumors 6502

Did you order from the Apple store? i don't think it applies if you ordered from Apple, but on Verizon the rep confirmed All 6+s purchased from Verizon will begin shipping on 10/14 :(

9. wxman2003 Suspended

Verizon. That is how it works. Once it says it is being processed, you are good to go. I have ordered many iphones on preorder night. If it gives you Oct 14th then nothing will happen until a few days prior, when it will change to processing order. Don't believe the reps.

10. Raftysworld macrumors 6502

I hope you're right, but multiple people are reporting the same thing... and the people with regular 6s dont seem to be having the same issue.

11. anthonybkny macrumors 6502

anthonybkny

12. waxings macrumors newbie

Same Problem

I am having the same issue. My order for a 6+ was entered at 2:14 Central Time. I have a business account and when I look at the status, even now, it says "Pending with a date of 9/19" My email conformation says something really different. 10/21. Are you kidding me?

I called and the for person said "sorry there is noting I can do" I talked to that persons supervisor and that individual said that they are showing the 9/19 date and some emails were being sent out with the wrong date. I almost feel that they just told me that to get rid of me.

I placed 2 other orders for iPhone 6 (smaller model) and both of those show as "Complete with a date of 9/19" The email conformation dates for those two are also 9/19.

I am hopeful that what they told me is correct but I am staring to feel defeated. :(

13. docderwood macrumors member

Same here. Delivery date 9/19 has turned into some sort of late October date.

Verizon Business website sucks. You order online and if you have an issue/call they can't find your order.

14. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

Wow then I'm using a phone that isn't supposed to be released for another month? :rolleyes: With Verizon reps, you either get someone who really knows a lot about what to do and how to do it, or you receive someone knows nothing about anything. It's one extreme of the other, but there is never a middle ground for Verizon reps.

If anyone reaches someone that says the same thing, hang up and get someone else or ask for a supervisor. They obviously don't know very much about the new phone being released.