Carrier Verizon iPhone 6 replacement iPhone call reception problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by determined09, Aug 11, 2015.

1. determined09 macrumors 65816

determined09

Hello everyone
    I have a replacement iPhone 6 and I work I the basement at my job. I've never had any problems with being able to Make a phone call while I'm in the basement until I got the replacement phone which I got from the Apple Store. I had that phone for two days and on one day it dropped 4 calls in 15 minutes My first phone was full price for the Apple Store and yes I have AppleCare also. Plus the person of the other end of the phone is having problems hearing me during the phone conversation Please advise. Thank you ​

2. Broadus macrumors 6502a

Are you having any reception issues besides the basement?

3. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

If you go to Settings, then Cellular, what does it say for Enable LTE? If it says Voice and data it's possible the LTE signal isn't strong/reliable enough. If it only says data then perhaps your old phone had both enabled and the LTE signal was stronger. Either way I would try changing the setting there to see if you have better luck with one or the other.

4. determined09, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015

determined09 thread starter macrumors 65816

determined09

I changed my settings to only data for LTE. It's a little better. This is a replacement phone or a mistake phone. lol. I'm sick damn phone. LOL It's one of those intentional locked phone.
    Now that I think about it, Yes.:( I had four dropped calls in one day in 10 minutes. :mad: For the first time in my life with Verizon.

5. Broadus macrumors 6502a

Sounds like a problem phone. I wonder if there are any diagnostics that Apple can run to check receptivity.

6. determined09, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015

determined09 thread starter macrumors 65816

determined09

Thanks for the tip. I'll do that this weekend.