Verizon Iphone 6 signal issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by j1huynh, Oct 23, 2014.

1. j1huynh macrumors member

I have just changed from sprint to verizon and I have issue with my iphone 6+ with verizon.. my signal goes to lte to 3g to 1x and then back to 3g.. and I can't get back to lte again.. I have updated my phone to latest os8.1.. Anyone have similar issue?

2. JakeT85 macrumors regular

JakeT85

Sounds like you are in a marginal signal area for LTE service, or service in general. Is it like this everywhere or just a certain place you are the majority of the time? I've also noticed that once a Verizon phone drops to 3G you almost have to put it in airplane mode to get it to reconnect to LTE, I think it's just a flaw in their switching algorithm or a hardware limitation. If you have weak LTE I would recommend purchasing a network extender for at home if you have home internet. It will at least give you a strong signal for calls and a 3 g signal for data, though you don't really need the data signal if you have wifi. You have to have home internet at least dsl speed and a usable gps signal/south facing window. The network switching all the time will kill the battery life of a device, it's def. worth looking into for a more reliable service.

All of that said, my iPad definitely holds a signal more than the iphone 6. It must have a weaker antenna or some issue with the baseband.

3. ag29 macrumors 6502

Have you tested out how good Verizon is in your area before switching to them?

How strong is your LTE signal? Do a speedtest when you're connected to LTE. This way you'll know if it's something wrong with your phone or Verizon's network in your area.

4. j1huynh thread starter macrumors member

Apparently it's very good at my house and other area.. except that it's bad where I work in the conference/meeting/lab rooms.. arg.. frustrating.. maybe I need to change to ATT after a few months or so.. good thing I am on the edge plan...
    Verizon phones can be used on ATT with full speed and no issue right? TIA