Carrier Verizon iPhone 6+ VoLTE on T-Mobile

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zudas, Feb 4, 2015.

1. zudas macrumors newbie

I've taken my VZW iPhone 6+ to Tmo but have been having an issue with VoLTE not working. It worked for a week or so and right around the time of the 8.1.3 update calls have been dropping to Edge. I live in a recently refarmed area so all I have is Edge and LTE.

All the settings on the phone are correct. I'm on a postpaid account, 18.1 carrier setting, and 8.1.3. Voice + Data checked for LTE. Has anybody else had this happen? If you've taken a VZW iPhone 6/6+ to Tmo from Verizon has VoLTE worked for you?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It worked for a week and stopped?
    I heard of others having issues like that with a verizon 6 plus on AT&T.

3. zudas thread starter macrumors newbie

It literally worked for a week or so and then of a sudden all calls are dropping to edge. Tmo reps are saying it is the 8.1.3 update, but I reverted back to 8.1.2 and still had the same issue. It's the strangest thing since it was working. Not many people take iPhone 6/6+ to Tmo from what I've seen. I've done a lot of Google and Macrumor forum searching. Tmo has no idea what is going on.

I haven't heard of the AT&T phone doing it. I know the Tmo, Verizon and AT&T iPhones are the same but I wonder if your phone needs to have the specific carriers version for the feature to work... At least on AT&T and Tmo.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, I think because this volte thing is so new to T-Mobile and AT&T they still need to work on such carrier ipcc file bugs and universal devices on their networks to be recognized and enabled.
    Not much you can do on your end besides calling and trying to speak to higher tech support level engineers from T-Mobile and let them know it's an issue that needs to be addressed on their network for customers with unlocked devices to be able to get all features provided to them.