Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bueller1

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 13, 2012
does anyone see an option for device payment plan when checking their eligibility on Apple.com? One of my lines is on a month to month plan and I'm only seeing an option for two year contract

cagcody

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2012
does anyone see an option for device payment plan when checking their eligibility on Apple.com? One of my lines is on a month to month plan and I'm only seeing an option for two year contract

I believe they do not handle Edge plans. But if it's for the iPhone Upgrade Program, I'm not sure.

cherryghost82

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2015
Can someone tell me the advantages of the Apple upgrade plan compared to paying 299 one time for the 2 year contract?

I get the upgrade after a year thing, but it seems like paying 36/month in addition to the data fees with veriozn is way more than shelling out 300 one time for the phone.

ECJ

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2006
Memphis, TN
Can someone tell me the advantages of the Apple upgrade plan compared to paying 299 one time for the 2 year contract?

I get the upgrade after a year thing, but it seems like paying 36/month in addition to the data fees with veriozn is way more than shelling out 300 one time for the phone.

The Apple plan is for the phone and Apple Care +. Also it is unlocked and you can move between carriers as you please, even though you are leasing. If you pay $299 for the iPhone 6s with Verizon, that means you will pay $40 a month for the line access fee, plus the data plan. Bringing the Apple Plan's phone to Verizon, you would pay only $15 per month for the line access fee, plus the data plan. So that is a savings of $25 ($40-$15) per month X 24 months (length of Apple Plan). Which is $600, and a savings of $301.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.