Verizon iPhone 6S Upgraders

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by I_am_a_loser, Sep 11, 2015.

1. I_am_a_loser macrumors regular

According to my own research we can use the 'My Verizon' app to log-in and see if you're eligible for an upgrade, then the app directs you to the Verizon website via Safari where you can make the actual purchase. If you don't wanna pay full retail or don't want to sign up for the new Apple Upgrade program (you need to go to a store to pick the phone up anyways, which kills some of the convenience) this seems like the best way to upgrade. I wonder what we'll pay tonight at 12am PST/3am EST though? I'm thinking it'll be a $40 upgrade fee, the first month of the phone cost ($27) and tax. So for a 16GB 6S I'm looking at $70 and change. Or am I off?

2. laurarh macrumors regular

If you're switching to a device payment plan then there is no upgrade fee, correct?

3. I_am_a_loser thread starter macrumors regular

Just called and you're correct. I'm pleased with that.

4. laurarh macrumors regular

I always found it to be a ridiculous charge so I was pretty happy also.

If I'm remembering the conversation correctly, the guy I talked to recently said that all I would pay at purchase would be the tax and that the remainder would appear on my next bill. But definitely don't quote me.

5. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

If you talk to the right person and play the "I've been a good customer for a long time" card, they can give you an account credit to make up for the upgrade fee. They won't cancel the fee, but they can give a credit.

6. I_am_a_loser thread starter macrumors regular

I'm on an account with a family member who gets a small discount through their employer. It's not much and really isn't worth the trouble I've dealt with in the past when experiencing issues when upgrading because it's a "business account." I just went on VW's website and did a mock-order on an iPhone 6 to see if it would let me switch from a 2-year contract to their new monthly program and it wouldn't let me. If I experience issues tonight at 3am and they force me to stick with the 2-year plan (and by default pay the $40 upgrade fee) I'm bailing on Verizon once and for all. It's just a headache dealing with them when upgrade time comes.

7. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

8. I_am_a_loser thread starter macrumors regular

That's helpful. Thanks!