Carrier Verizon iPhone 7/7 Plus Order at Apple.com?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 6thDAY, Sep 16, 2016.

1. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

Can any of you Verizon customers help me with this situation?

So I would like to purchase a Verizon iPhone 7 Plus (not concern about color or when it ships) on Apple's site full-price without contract. However, I don't have an account with them, but I believe my friend does.

So the 2 questions are:

1. If I logged into Apple's using my account info, but then use his Verizon account on Apple's site to check eligibility, can I pay using my payment information, or does Apple require his payment information?

2. Does this count towards his upgrade eligibility? In other words, would his upgrade reset, so he cannot upgrade himself until 1 year later (or however long it takes)?

Thanks

2. Dmal99, Sep 16, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2016

Dmal99 macrumors 6502

You'd have to make your own account for several reason. First, his info will be tied to the phone, second, it will effect anything he does in the future. Making an Apple account is easy... whats the benefit of using your friend's account?

3. 6thDAY thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think you mis-read. I have an apple account, what I don't have is a Verizon account.

I logged in to Apple.com using my own account, but like to use my friend's Verizon account to check eligibility.

4. Dmal99 macrumors 6502

Oh then still it won't matter. Your phone will be tied to his account. As for replacing his SIM with yours, I can't say, I don't want to mislead you. I don't see why not, though, but don't take my word for it.