Verizon iPhone 7 BBY on payment plan SIM locked or unlocked?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by imlynxy, Feb 17, 2017.

1. imlynxy macrumors 65816

Hi guys I would like to know if I buy VZW iPhone 7 from Best Buy on a payment plan is it going to be SIM locked or SIM unlocked? Thanks

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Unlocked.
    Just make sure you do the 1st initial activation with a Verizon SIM card.

4. imlynxy thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks guys. Just jumped in BB today to activate VZW, was told by their "genius" CS that it will be locked. How people can do their job like this? Unbelievable.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I hear you.
    They are clueless but they will insist that they know everything and that you dont know what you're talking about.
    I just laugh and ignore them :D

6. imlynxy thread starter macrumors 65816

I came there from gym and they for some raason decided that I'm an Uber driver. :) You are right they talk to me like they try to sell me some classified info. Too much Hollywood in their heads :))))

BTW: VZW sucks in Gloucester and Rockport MA. It has plenty of low service East of Beverly. I really see no reason to go with them. Boston is also congested in some spots. With all new customers they cannot handle all the newcomers. I am not idealizing T-mobile, but their network has more sites/sq mile, they have less customers and use newer technology. VZW has no other way, but oversell their network. That's why Att is so slow with their decisions, they are in better shape compare to VZ. Thanks to the BB people with their wrong info I didn't make a mistake.

Did you change your 150x4 plan to new T-One all inclusive?

I found no reason for myself , but faster roaming. It is more expensive with my extra free line and iPad data match.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol :D
    They thought you were there as an Uber driver picking someone up?
    That is Too funny.
    I havent switched from my simple choice to the Tmobile 1 plan, I have 5 lines unlimited everything with 14GB of tethering each for $180 plus taxes.
    I have turned off binge so I get no optimized video or audio and more tethering data per month. Also the international roaming benefits are still there once in a while if I need them so I see no reason to switch.