Carrier Verizon iPhone 7 bought from Apple

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by menist, Sep 8, 2016.

1. menist, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016

menist macrumors regular

menist

Hi, I was wondering do I have to create a Verizon account or have a Verizon login, to purchase a iPhone 7 at full price from Apple? Also anyone have problems with signal using gsm carrier with the Verizon iPhone.

This seems to be the best unlocked version to buy until the sim-free comes out.

2. Superrjamz54 macrumors 6502

Superrjamz54

I haven't had any issues with the 6s plus, but it has all the radios in it except for band 30. The Verizon should be the sim free version this year. It seems they change it every year though.

3. TitsLegendary macrumors 6502

4. bluedukies8 macrumors 6502

bluedukies8

I am wondering the same thing. I currently have the AT&T iPhone 6s Plus. I also have AT&T service so last year it didn't matter.

This year however I read that the Verizon & Sprint phones will be the only ones that work on GSM & CDMA.

I am wanting to know if I can get the Verizon version but still use it with AT&T service. I may be switching later this year/next and don't want to have to get a different phone.

5. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I'm pretty sure you do for apple.com but if you go to the apple store, they won't ask you for verizon account info when you ask them you'll pay in full price.

I went to Verizon store as I was planning on switching anyways, so I created an account with them and was approved.

6. bluedukies8 macrumors 6502

bluedukies8

Shoot. Guess I should have mentioned I am on the Apple Upgrade Program, so I was going to pre-order tonight online.

I couldn't remember if the online process asked for an account from the provider.