Verizon iPhone 7 on T-Mobile network

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by samkim4415, Oct 12, 2016.

1. samkim4415 macrumors member

Just wanted some feedback.
    I just purchased an iPhone 7 jet black Verizon at the Apple Store today and am using it on the T-Mobile network because the Verizon iPhones are factory unlocked. They didn't have any T-Mobile iPhone 7 available.

I contacted T-Mobile tech support and they said because of the CDMA (Verizon iphone) being on the GSM (T-Mobile network), my Verizon iphone 7 won't be fully utilized on the T-mobile network with their extra LTE.

I am debating if I should exchange my Verizon for a T-Mobile version, depending on if using a t-mobile iphone on the t-mobile network makes that much of a difference?

I am aware that the verizon iphone will work on all the carriers and the tmobile won't work on verizon or sprint carriers. But do you think its worth exchanging the verizon iphone 7 for a tmobile iphone 7?

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

The Verizon/Sprint iPhone 7 has all of the same GSM bands as the AT&T/T-Mobile variant. It'll work fine.

No it's not worth exchanging it. The person you spoke with didn't know what they were talking about.

3. cruze1987 macrumors newbie

cruze1987

I have a Verizon iPhone 7 plus and I'm using it with T-Mobile. It works like a charm, haven't had any issues. I also tried an AT&T sim car and it works with no problems.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Typical clueless phone rep.
    Your phone has all the bands and it can fully utilize all frequencies used by T mobile.

5. Jayjew macrumors 6502

Jayjew

You shouldn't have any problems. Although I was testing out a AT&T model,GSM. I do FEEL like it has better connection. That's just me though.

EDIT: I've had both.

6. ANTAWNM26 macrumors 6502a

ANTAWNM26

All phones from apple are unlocked