Verizon iPhone 7 poor phone quality?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fantasyphil, Nov 21, 2016.

1. fantasyphil macrumors member

Hey everyone,

I have a verizon iPhone 7 and it seems that whenever I make a voice call, the quality can be really bad. There are times where it sounds like the other person is underwater, the volume is so soft I can't hear them, and other times it just sounds like a robot on the other side.

Does anyone else have the same issue? This has been going on since I got the phone in September. Is this a hardware issue or is this an issue on Verizon's end?

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Do you have friends or others in the same area as you with the iPhone 7 on VZW? Do they also have the same issues?

3. fantasyphil thread starter macrumors member

It doesn't really seem like it. Everyone else I have talked to say it doesn't happen frequently to them. It seems to be happening to me every time I make a phone call.

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Then perhaps it's an issue with your unit specifically. Unless you, as an individual, live/work/play in a weak coverage area.

5. newellj macrumors 601

Are you running the current carrier settings (26.1 for iOS 10.1.1)?

6. fantasyphil thread starter macrumors member

Yes I am, maybe I will take it into an Apple Store and see what they say.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Try testing it out in other local areas also and with other companies customers.
    Maybe the call sounds bad because of the other persons carrier or signal.
    Try calling to land lines and test it in various locations.

8. sargein macrumors member

Try turning off the Voice + Data LTE in Settings, and use it on LTE only for data. Voice calls are much clearer for me this way and hold connection much better too.

9. newellj macrumors 601

This isn't my personal experience, but I agree with the suggestion to try changing the settings and see what happens. There's nothing to lose - just keep track of what you change and ideally change settings one at a time so you can isolate the results.

10. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

11. determined09 macrumors 65816

determined09

For some reason my 6 still sounds clearer than my 7 plus but this 7 plus sounds clearer than the 6s Plus that I had for a week also. I wonder should I try a new SIM card? But call quality sounds good when I'm using the speaker phone. I've already had one dropped call already. I'm not use to this with Verizon.