Carrier Verizon iPhone 7 trade in program

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xRYD3Rx, Sep 17, 2016.

1. xRYD3Rx macrumors 6502

Hi guys ! To get the $649.99 trade in credit do I need to order iphone 7 or 7 plus on the verizon website? Or can I also buy the phone from my local verizon store and get the $649.99 credit after I trade in my iPhone 6S?

Anyone had any experience with this please share. Thanks!

2. tperry macrumors member

tperry

You can get the credit when you purchase in store (I've done it with both the 7 I have and the 7 Plus I've ordered for my wife).
    You must purchase the device on their installment plan and they will credit back over the 2 year installment period. There is a 2-3 month delay before the credit starts being applied.
    You (from what I understood) only get the full credit if you pay out the 2 year agreement. I'm not sure how it will work if you upgrade (as you can do) via the installment plan.

3. xRYD3Rx thread starter macrumors 6502

What if I purchase the iPhone 7 under their installment plan from the Apple Store instead?

4. tperry macrumors member

tperry

Have no idea as the nearest Apple store from me is around 130 miles. I imagine it works pretty much the same if you purchase it through their installment payment process - I think it's the IUP program they have.

5. nottooshabby macrumors 6502

Help - So I figured out I can get an iPhone 5c on ebay for about $100 and trade it in for $400 towards an iphone 7. If I do this at the store, do they need to see the phone now or just when I actually receive my new iphone 7? I'm not sure I'll get it by the 30th. Also, I tried to do it online, but there doesn't appear to be a way to order to iPhone 7s and do a trade-in on both of them. is this possible?

6. Crichton333 macrumors 6502

Crichton333

There are some for around 50$. Just did a quick ebay search.