Verizon iPhone 7

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tl01, Apr 10, 2017.

1. tl01 macrumors 65816

Does Verizon ever offer good trade in options for existing customers have old phones...like a 6...who want to get a 7? I know they do this for new activation...but when I have asked they would only offer a small amount for the 6.

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

There were excellent promos when the 7 debuted, but the further away from September one gets, the more scant the promotions become.

3. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

Yes! I told hubby to upgrade then but he was stubborn! And now his battery is dying quickly. Never listens;)!

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I understand his (read: your) plight, as I am such a hubby as well.

5. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

I remembered I have a t mobile SE I'm not using. It was my back up phone. I offered it to him. He's going to hobble a ong for a while but I let him know it is there when he wants it. It has a battery pack on it so battery life should not be an issue. Hopefully before his next business trip he will give up and use the SE. Poor battery life is no good for traveling all day by air.;) If he uses my SE he can get the 8 when it comes out which I think is better than paying full price for a 7 now.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You can always sell it on swappa and get more money than Verizon or other trade in services would offer you.
    The longer you wait to sell an older device the more value it will lose eventually.
    Up to you.

7. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Sounds like your hubby is starting to lag. That can happen with older models. You might need an upgrade. :eek:

8. jhearty99 macrumors 6502

jhearty99

I started to lag a while ago, thankfully I dont think my wife has noticed yet

9. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Probably "planned obsolescence." :p

10. cbreze macrumors 6502

cbreze

I was able to trade a 6s for a 7 even steven about 4 months ago. So they do have good offers occasionally. I opted for extra storage with the 7 so I only had to pay that difference. Sure glad I saw that deal because I like the 7 a lot better. I think browsing forums like this and others daily helps hearing about and finding good deals as Verizon doesn't always make them very well know sometimes. So keep an eye/ear out, ya never know.

11. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Sell it privately if you can; probably at least $100.00 difference in what you can get for it.

12. Rayy42 macrumors 6502

Rayy42

should be able to get around $140 through trade in with Verizon.

13. Brandonjr36 macrumors 6502

Keep it til the 8 comes out. Only have about 5 months left.

14. C DM macrumors Westmere

15. aneftp macrumors 68040

Target had a $300 gift card promo last week that expired last week.

Which in my opinion is just as good as the sept 2016 promo. Cause u can easily dump a iPhone 6 on Craigslist for $300 easy. Plus the $300 target gift card promo.

The trade in promo can be tricky cause it's not a straight deal since they credit u the $650 spread over 24 months. Thus locking u in contract to recapture that $650 over 24 months.