Verizon iPhone 7

tl01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Does Verizon ever offer good trade in options for existing customers have old phones...like a 6...who want to get a 7? I know they do this for new activation...but when I have asked they would only offer a small amount for the 6.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Does Verizon ever offer good trade in options for existing customers have old phones...like a 6...who want to get a 7? I know they do this for new activation...but when I have asked they would only offer a small amount for the 6.
There were excellent promos when the 7 debuted, but the further away from September one gets, the more scant the promotions become.

Reactions: Applejuiced

tl01

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
I understand his (read: your) plight, as I am such a hubby as well.
I remembered I have a t mobile SE I'm not using. It was my back up phone. I offered it to him. He's going to hobble a ong for a while but I let him know it is there when he wants it. It has a battery pack on it so battery life should not be an issue. Hopefully before his next business trip he will give up and use the SE. Poor battery life is no good for traveling all day by air.;) If he uses my SE he can get the 8 when it comes out which I think is better than paying full price for a 7 now.

cbreze

macrumors 6502a
Nov 26, 2014
Oregon
I was able to trade a 6s for a 7 even steven about 4 months ago. So they do have good offers occasionally. I opted for extra storage with the 7 so I only had to pay that difference. Sure glad I saw that deal because I like the 7 a lot better. I think browsing forums like this and others daily helps hearing about and finding good deals as Verizon doesn't always make them very well know sometimes. So keep an eye/ear out, ya never know.

Rayy42

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2014
should be able to get around $140 through trade in with Verizon.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
Target had a $300 gift card promo last week that expired last week.

Which in my opinion is just as good as the sept 2016 promo. Cause u can easily dump a iPhone 6 on Craigslist for $300 easy. Plus the $300 target gift card promo.

The trade in promo can be tricky cause it's not a straight deal since they credit u the $650 spread over 24 months. Thus locking u in contract to recapture that $650 over 24 months.