Resolved Verizon iPhone Activation Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by richard4339, Feb 8, 2011.

1. richard4339, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011

richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

Anybody else having problems activating their phone? I got through the activation process in iTunes. My old phone is off. It keeps telling me it isn't activated and if this continues to call customer service.

Edit: In iTunes it confirmed my phone number when I first started the process. Now, I'm noticing that it shows my number in iTunes as: 0000002789.

2. packs2011 macrumors newbie

problem

Yes, I had this same issue today. I just called the number, they answered within 2 minutes, and they manually activated it for me -- only took a minute. The number in iTunes will automatically update once they activate the phone for you.

3. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

Another method to do if anyone else runs into this, you can activate yourself via www.verizonwireless.com under your My Verizon select activate a device and should send you through the same process a VZW CSR usually does.

Mine was having that issue and activated through there and all was golden.

4. imsquint1 macrumors newbie

MEID Error

I had the same error. It turns out that the MEID on my phone was different than the MEID that Verizon assigned my iPhone. It's easy to check - look in Settings-General-About to check the number on your cell phone, then look at the number printed on your customer receipt. If they are different, you'll have to contact Verizon.