Verizon iPhone Activation without Internet Access

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by starlight0229, Feb 7, 2011.

1. starlight0229 macrumors member

My Verizon iPhone is scheduled to be delivered to my office tomorrow. I intend to bring my MBP to the office with me so that I can activate my iPhone as we do not and cannot have iTunes on our company PCs. Will I be able to activate my iPhone without iTunes being connected to the internet? We do not have access to a wireless connection in our office. I want to be able to restore it from the backup from my 3Gs so that I have access to everything immediately as I do not know what time I'll be arriving home tomorrow as it is tax season and I'm swamped at work. It would be devistating to have it in hand and not be able to use it.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

AFAIK, you need an internet connection as itunes phones home to apple to activate the phone. No internet, no activation.

Just find a place with public wifi and do there on your lunch break

3. starlight0229 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, that's what I figured. Lunch breaks are nonexistant during tax season, so I'll have to wait until I get home tomorrow.

4. elfxmilhouse macrumors 6502a

does your work pc allow itunes to be installed?
    you can do just the activation part on that pc and then restore from your macbook.

i guess another question would be does your work firewall allow programs like itunes to access the internet.

5. anonymous6237 macrumors 6502

anonymous6237

Really? How hard is it to actually read the original post?

6. iFitz macrumors regular

Yep, you'll need internet. There's no unlocked wifi near you that you could connect to?

Gotta love my job, we're pretty much required to have iTunes (It comes installed on every computer here)

7. elfxmilhouse macrumors 6502a

Apparently very hard... :eek::eek::eek: