verizon iphone and at&t

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cpucrash0, Oct 29, 2010.

1. cpucrash0 macrumors regular

I was wondering. Now that verizon has new data plans and it seems they have kept their unlimited data plan for smart phones. Do you think that if they get the Iphone and they have unlimited data on it for $29.99 that AT&T will have no choice but to offer unlimited data again? Here is verizon new data plans http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/planfamily.jsp

2. calvy macrumors 65816

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

what do you mean no choice, AT&T has a choice to keep their data rate plans just the way it is.

4. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Verizon announced a few months ago that they would follow ATT's lead and get rid of Unlimited data...no date was mentioned, but numerous Verizon stores are aware of this, including my cell phone store.

It will most likely happen now w/ the iPhone, so I recommend keeping the unlimited data w/ Verizon if you got it.

I have it myself on my LG Ally smartphone on Verizon, but am leaving the country for 6 months so am wondering what to do.

hell, I may upgrade to the iPhone w/ Verizon and take it w/ me to Japan and China...of course considering the phone works w/ CDMA companies out there too.

5. robby001 macrumors member

Calvy how do you know that Verizon is not getting the Iphone. They just launched the Ipad on there network. Seems to me they will be following with the Iphone.

6. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Thanks for the useless post. Welcome to ignore.

It's obviously a figure of speech. Of course they have a choice.

I'm wondering the same thing, but I think it's more likely that after a few months Verizon will eventually kill the unlimited data. AT&T will hold out for this.

Pure speculation, but Verizon is keeping the unlimited data for the launch of the iPhone. Once they land a few AT&T customers with it, they'll kill it. I give Verizon keeping unlimited data 1 year tops.

7. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Verizon/A&T are kissing unlimited data plans goodbye. Sprint/T-Mobile will still probably have them in order to retain their customer base. For those of us grandfathered in for the iPhone 4 upgrade will most likely lose this whenever they upgrade to iPhone5/6.

8. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Historically the carriers never force you out of your plan, even when upgrading. However, they may offer some enticing feature to get you to move off. For example, if you want tethering you have to move to a new data plan. :rolleyes:

9. old-wiz macrumors G3

Incorrect. To use iPad on Verizon you need to buy the Verizon MyFi hotspot device, and it costs more to buy it with an iPad than to buy it alone. The iPad alone will not access Verizon network.

10. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

True, but the fact that Apple and Verizon sat down to work out a business partnership on the iPad speaks volumes. It doesn't mean an iPhone is coming, but it does mean the likelihood of it happenig is much greater than it has been in the past. Only an idiot just says it's not happening. BS, unless they work for Apple they can't possibly know that.

11. tjmrpm04 macrumors member

By virtue of replying, you are in fact not ignoring him, so why welcome him to something that he is not entering into?

12. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

"welcome to ignore" = I've added him to my ignore list. I'll see no more of his posts.