Verizon iPhone and Upgrades

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jdu1111, Jan 9, 2011.

1. jdu1111 macrumors newbie

So with the possible announcement of a Verizon iPhone on Tuesday, what about the people who are in the middle of a contract? Do you think Verizon will do what AT&T did and offer early upgrades to anyone who wants to go with an iPhone? Or are we just out of luck. Personally I am in the middle of a 2 year term with Verizon that is up in November, i would gladly bind myself for two more years if i could upgrade to an iPhone though. What do you guys think?

2. labman, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2011

labman macrumors 604

labman

Wait till Tuesday! ;) I don't see it being any different then any of the other phones Verizon adds if your in a contract your in a contract.

3. irDigital0l Guest

Well I could have gotten I new phone last Nov. but I decided to wait. I think I made the right choice.

4. racer1441 macrumors 68000

They better allow the upgrades...just to avoid the disaster to follow if they don't.

5. ssdeg7 macrumors 6502a

ssdeg7

+1

Or wait another year or two or three or until Apple decides to have its iPhone on Verizon

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

Oh God here comes the Verizon won't let me out of contract facebook page! :eek: :rolleyes:

7. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

That's not possible. Facebook is shutting down on March 15th.

8. LucidPsychosis macrumors regular

That would be nice. I was due for an upgrade in August, and I didn't believe the Verizon iPhone rumors, so I bought a Droid 2. It's a lovely phone, but, the iPhone is the freaking iPhone! I would have held out if I believed that Verizon was getting the iPhone.

Still, I've had this thing for less than 6 months, so I don't know if I can justify upgrading so quickly, even if Verizon offers early upgrades.

9. racer1441 macrumors 68000

No facebook page, just the plain simple facts. Just point out to the store that they'll make more money off of me by letting my get a Verizon Iphone than having me cancel my account and get a backup line on my ATT account.

It's math.

10. GolpherZX macrumors newbie

You have to fully expect to pay nearly full price for the phone. Remember, the full price is the actual retail price of the phone. The carriers are really paying for part of the phone to get you to get onto their service.

Personally, I'd like to start seeing things go the other way and paying outright for the phone, in exchange, getting a discount on the service.

11. racer1441 macrumors 68000

Suckers pay full price. There are always ways to game the system.

12. labman macrumors 604

labman

CEO himself has said that it's a total false rumor most likely somebody confused Facebook with Myspace. last part is my opinion.

13. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

Ha, I know, was being sarcastic. Not much of a chance a multi-billion dollar company like this would vaporize on such short notice (unless they were Enron). It actually came from a Weekly World News story (ie: BatBoy) that people picked up and it went viral:

http://weeklyworldnews.com/headlines/27321/facebook-will-end-on-march-15th/

14. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

I'd be surprised if Verizon didn't offer some kind of early upgrade promotion... but what exactly they offer remains to be seen.

15. black743 macrumors 6502

My two years is up in November as well, but I'm currently eligible for a annual upgrade, and you should be as well (unless your voice plan is not big enough). Check it out....I can log onto my Verizon account and it shows annual upgrade for any of the phones....which is to say, promo price+$30.

16. blackberrypilot macrumors 6502

I'm excited Verizon is getting the iPhone, finally. I a new At&T customer so I won't be switching. I'm just glad that there are finally options.

17. elhungarian macrumors regular

So if I get an iPhone 4 on vzw now. Can I buy an iPhone 5 this summer for the 2nd line on my account and then swap the phones?

18. Orion126 macrumors regular

Curious why you are asking a forum when VZW hasn't yet confirmed an iPhone let alone the Terms and Conditions that will follow it?

No one knows until Verizon releases the information.

19. MissyD macrumors member

Yes. You can buy the 4 tomorrow and preorder the 5. Aren't you in line yet? ;)

You may want to wait until tomorrow at 11am just to make sure, though. :)