Verizon + iPhone + Android

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yamaduc, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Hype2k2 macrumors 6502

Hype2k2

AT&T is just is bad if you let them but atleast AT&T can figure out a good deal. Mainly the reason why AT&T got the deal because verizon would not give up their crapware.

2. macfan881 macrumors 68020

3. Hype2k2 macrumors 6502

Hype2k2

Still be a lot nice if users not carriers had more freedom. Sadden when I think iPhone is the best because of JBing. If it wasnt possible probably wouldn't waited for an android or WM7.

4. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

"The dangers of open source", indeed.

Manufacturers customizing their product look, or locking down items, has NOTHING whatsoever to do with open source.

Those things happen with paid systems like WinMo, contracted source, and private trade secret source like iOS.

The blame is on the execs who think up the restrictions, whether they be with Samsung, Verizon, Apple or ATT.

5. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

This is what I hated about Verizon, they modify the phone to have their own custom settings and screens etc. I asked on sales person when I was switching my family from Verizon to AT&T (we are all AT&T with good signal and service running 3-iP4 and one 3GS 32GB) if I had to pay full retail for a phone if I could remove all that junk and he laughed. I know why he laughed he has a basic flip phone because he couldn't stand what they did to the RIM and Android based phones with their stupid splash screen and that they put the brakes on being able to customize the phones by removing these annoying features.

I love AT&T and their service for me was just as good if not better then Verizon, and their Customer Support rates a 10 out of 10 for me and I have been dealing with them for a long time. Verizon's customer service wouldn't even rate a 1 out of 10 if it were not for the few ppl there who really do help you, most just are not willing to help.

I would rather go back to two Dixie cups with a piece of string then ever go back to Verizon, and I just closed my account so I am done with them for good.

6. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

Verizon wanted to chop up the iPhone like that, but now they don't care. They just really want the iPhone.

7. iEverything4me macrumors newbie

and those fandroid still said Apple is a closed system.
    i would love Apple closed system a million time than that Google crap that hacked together by a 5 year old kid OS