Verizon iPhone being tested - evidence?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Darrin Bell, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Darrin Bell, Nov 29, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2010

Darrin Bell macrumors regular

Darrin Bell

I know it's ancient news, but I'm excited anyway. Just saw evidence of the Verizon iPhone with my own eyes, in my server logs (unless, of course, it's just a jailbroken iPhone). Check it out:

http://candorville.com/2010/11/29/verizon-iphone-being-tested-here/

I so can't wait to ditch AT&T's crappy service in favor of Verizon's slightly-less-crappy service. :)

2. seattle67fstbck macrumors newbie

While I agree that eventually Verizon will have an iPhone, couldn't this just be proof that somebody is using Verizon as their ISP and utilizing wifi at their house?

3. xmnj macrumors member

I agree, Verizon Wireless should show up as Cellco DBA Partnership.

4. gh0001 macrumors member

being in wireless industry, i've heard (from credible source) that the iPhone for VZW is being developed. the CDMA iPhone should be out shortly after the exclusive AT&T contract with apple is over...

5. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I give as much credibility to someone with ad links in their signature as I do to my 8 year old son trying to tell me about physics.

6. Karnivore macrumors 6502

Karnivore

I can't wait for VZW iPhone too, but not for the reasons you mentioned :D I really would like to see few million subscribers defect from ATT so that the rest of us can have more bandwidth :p

7. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

if you read the article, it clearly says "Resolution: 320x480"

goes to show how naive people are.

There is no Verizon iPhone, there won't be a Verizon iPhone, get it?

8. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

might want to get your vision checked out bro

9. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

guys, verzion ihpone is defantely coming. try googling "verizon iphone" and your gonna see thuosands of results.

op, your my bro.

10. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

verizon is gonna get an iPhone with a non-retina screen? ... fascinating!

couldn't be an iPod touch on a mifi, no way!

11. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

Wow, we made it almost two whole weeks without a new "iPhone to Verizon" thread!:D
    I don't really care one way or the other. If it happens and has the net effect of lightening the load on the AT&T side of things and/or making AT&T become more competitive in terms of what it offers, that would be fine with me.
    If it doesn't happen, we're all just right where we are now- in the US, at least.

12. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

You get excited by things that you know aren't true? God, that must be nice.

13. Sticman macrumors member

Won't ever be a Verizon iPhone? Very "interesting" theory.

14. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Using your theory, I now believe in Santa, the tooth fairy and Nessie. :rolleyes:

And learn how to spell.

15. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

yo, english is my first langauge. dont you dare tell me how too spell.

16. Stein357 macrumors 6502

The WSJ said it's coming, and they're always on spot with the rumors.

17. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

While I'm not saying there won't be a Verizon iPhone, what you have there isn't proof of anything, except that an iPhone is being used on a WiFi connection that is on either Verison DSL or FIOS.

This is something I've seen all over my web server logs since 2007, when the original iPhone was out. It happens anytime a Verizon DSL/FIOS customer owns an iPhone and uses it on their WiFi.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

18. cecoleman macrumors regular

Well, I would like to add fuel to this fire. From day one I've been a Verizon naysayer. But over the weekend I was in an Apple Store where my father-in-law had just purchased an iMac. The Blue Shirt offered to carry it out for us, a long walk to the other end of the Mall. My father-in-law asked him when is Verizon going to get the iPhone? I'm thinking poor guy, I know he hasn't a clue. Well he says while rolling his eyes that he can't say anything that isn't on Apple.com. I gestured to him, well do you know anything? He said said under is breathe "January". I called B.S. and said, yea right dude, that is just the internet rumor mongers you've heard. He stopped and said, listen "one of my best friend is an engineer at Verizon in Muncie, Indiana and he told me they are currently training for it already with an expected release after the first of the year."

So I know this sounds like another one of those stories of a friend of a friend. But this one to me was a bit more believable coming from a blue shirt with ties to a Verizon engineer. I don't think he was B.S.ing me. Take it at face value I suppose.

19. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

20. cecoleman macrumors regular

Commonly used to describe Apple Store employees. They all wear the blue shirts. Although right now they are supporting holiday Red.

21. BigDukeSix macrumors 6502a

BigDukeSix

It will be here eventually, if for no other reason than VZ and Apple need to make more money. The ATT market is probably close to saturation, and what better way to add to the bottom line than the VZ Iphone? Face it folks, it is, and always has been all about the $$. And, a whole lot of us will gladly contribute to that cause.

22. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I am aware of what Apple store employees wear. But thanks for the fashion advice.

23. dpierre macrumors regular

If you would have actually read the link you posted, you would see that the ISP is Verizon internet services, not Verizon wireless!

Thread fail.

24. redbeard331 macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

In the past couple of weeks I've seriously considered switching to Verizon if they get the iPhone next year, as AT&T's service is so terrible here I have no 3G more often than I have it! And not even Edge works in those areas as they seem to be total deadzones for AT&T service. There are huge regions of my city where there hasn't been service since I've been with AT&T, and I've been using that worthless app they made to let them know about it and they haven't done one thing to address these problems. Sometimes I wonder where all that money they makes goes? I wonder how much data I actually get to use since most of the time I'm either on wifi or I have no data service at all.

I just hope the Verizon iPhone will be able to do data and voice simultaneously.

25. BigDukeSix macrumors 6502a

BigDukeSix

Well, VZ does have the best coverage no doubt. I am out in the desert of SoCal, and use the VZ Mifi for my computer and it works like a champ.