Verizon iPhone- buy or wait till june

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by beast260, Jan 11, 2011.

1. beast260 macrumors member

Verizons iphone comes out in February , Iphone 5 likely to be released in June.

??:confused:

2. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

It's up to you. You're the one spending your money on the device. Do you currently have an iPhone? Are you with AT&T or VZW?

3. beast260 thread starter macrumors member

VZW, no . The only thing see apple upgrading in June is the iphone 5 with a faster chip and able to handled LTE.

4. Aatos.1 macrumors 6502

Wait, Apples track record of marginal quality & lots of bugs does not bode well for a successful new model.

Yet it doesn't matter, Apple lovers will buy anything & defend their purchase. It's only money.

5. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Without a doubt the iPhone 5 is coming out in June on ALL carriers. The iPhone 4 will then be sold as the $99 model on ATT and Verizon. So if you don't NEED a new phone soon then I would wait the 5 months which will be closer to 4 months when the phone becomes available in Verizon.

6. Doc750 macrumors 6502a

7. stewart715 macrumors 6502

Yup. :|

8. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Definitely wait. At the very least wait a month after the early Verizon fans have their iPhones in hand, to make sure there aren't any major, glaring issues.

But by then, you might as well wait for the next model.

9. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

If you need a phone now then buy it now.

If you are someone that always has to have the latest and greatest, then buy it now and then buy the next model when it comes out etc. and etc. :D

10. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

The iPhone 5 wouldn't use LTE 4G. Seriously, there's a tiny market for that right now. Verizon's 4G is available in maybe a couple of dozen cities. They should focus on something else, like the battery. The HTC Evo's battery life sucks and 4G only makes it worse. The Motorola Atrix has 9 hours of battery life on 3G, 1GB of RAM and a duel core 1Ghz Nvidia processor. That's pretty damn tempting. Apple won't make a 4G device until it's accessible to more consumers.

11. NebulaClash macrumors 68000

NebulaClash

If I were you, I'd stay far, far away from such an awful company that takes advantage of its customers. Do not buy anything Apple makes.

And since you now are no longer a customer of Apple, uh, what are you doing on this web site?

12. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Just found out that I cant upgrade until March 23. I'll probably wait for the Verizon iPhone 5 in June and upgrade then. I hope the price of the smallest data package stays low. I get wifi all over my college campus. :D

13. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

I don't think they will release the Verizon "iPhone 5" on July w/ the AT&T one, most likely 6 months after the AT&T iPhone just like I remember reading for other countries w/ various carriers....

14. Zac7 macrumors 6502a

Are there any iPhone users from other countries that can comfirm whether or not this is true? Reason I am asking is because I remember reading the opposite.

15. nibuoy macrumors member

I also have a question about this.
    Will the next iphone release (June) also release a new version of the Verizon Iphone, or only the AT&T?

I have Verizon right now and get to upgrade in a few weeks. However, if a newer, and possibly 4g iphone comes out in June for Verizon, I might just wait the couple of months.

16. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

Considering Apple has released a new iPhone every June since they launched the phone... I'm going to go out on a limb and say they will do the same thing again.

Wait or buy both.... or buy the iPhone 4 and not the newest one... or neither.

It's your call. :p

17. nibuoy macrumors member

Wait...
    If I were to buy both, then wouldn't I need to pay like $800 to get an uncontracted Iphone?

18. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

Obviously you'd have to buy one at full price if it's for the same number, yes. I was partially being silly. It's still up to you to decide.

Personally, I'm waiting.

19. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

MarlboroLite

2 things.

First, you are not getting anything worse or better than anyone right now. Regardless of what Apple unveils in June--I'm pretty sure it will not be 4G because a)AT&T has not ever started deploying, not to mention the vast majority of European carriers. and b) Whatever VZ has deployed, it covers a fraction of the population. 4G phones at this point are all hype--unless you live in a select covered area. Coverage won't ramp up til 2012. So you can have your shiny 4G phone and be on 3G for the next year and a half. What's the point? So let's assume the next iPhone is still 3G but otherwise improved...there's no way of knowing whether Apple would release both versions simultaniously--they already spread out availability by countries. So Australia gets it 2 months later etc. My guess is that probability says that the least likely scenario is simultaneous release, followed by a release one year from now, followed by what I think is most probable: GSM iPhone 5 in July and CDMA in September, in which case the wait is not that bad.

Second, I've been waiting for a VZ iPhone for a looooong time. It's here, it's real. Finally. When I get it, I'll be getting what everyone else has. I can live with an iPhone 4 for 20 months easily. I will not keep waiting longer. There are people buying iPhones right now on AT&T...people don't just stop buying the current version 6 months before the new one. Otherwise, you will really never be happy, always waiting for the new one to come out around the corner. I can't wait to ditch my droid!

20. macsrcool1234 macrumors 65816

Wait until June - you will have a lower ETF and a newer phone.

21. beast260 thread starter macrumors member

for all those saying that they would release the GSM and CMDA apart, i dont think they would. Some countries do get the iphone later but most of thats due to contract negotiations and etc. After reading some of the forums here, im gonna wait . Apples CFO even stated that this was for the people who needed a verizon iphone .