Verizon iPhone Can't Preorder-Corporate Account?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spork183, Feb 5, 2011.

1. spork183 macrumors 6502a

spork183

So I go on Verizon at 12:01 to order the iphone that MyVerizon has been telling me I can upgrade to (Order #9XXX). I complete the process and go back to sleep. Thursday night, there is no email confirmation of the order. I call Verizon. I'm told the order is in the system, it shows as already going to the shipper (FedEx). Friday night, still no email from Verizon about either the purchase, or the shipping. I call Verizon again and they give me a fedex tracking number. I check the status on MyVerizon and it says something like "order has gone to shipper." FedEX still has no information. Saturday morning, MyVerizon says "We have experienced technical difficulty while processing your order.
    Please contact Us."

I call and am told that since I receive a discount through the school district I work for, there is a corporate address attached to my account. This corporate address creates a conflict with the shipping address. I get bumped up to a supervisor who explains that my order has been flushed from the system because of the corporate address. I can reorder on Feb. 10.

I can understand if Verizon does not want to sell preorders to corporate accounts (which I don't have, but I receive a discount), but it would have been nice if they had caught that before I went through the ordering process and wasted 3 calls to check status before someone finally was able to figure out what the problem was. The supervisor stated that the online system won't catch the corporate address conflict, so there may be quite a lot of other poor beggars in the same boat. If I had other options for wireless where I live, I'd be headed there now...

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

That's got to suck. I get a corporate discount as well however I used my personal home address in anticipation on problems like such. Just wait it out it isn't that far off.

3. spork183 thread starter macrumors 6502a

spork183

I'd forgotten I even had it. My billing address and residential address are both the same (my home), and nothing on MyVerizon shows any corporate connection or affiliation. The Rep said it only shows at his end. Nice.

I hate waiting...:mad:

4. koilvr macrumors 6502

koilvr